Chapter 17

Picture that Luke has on his desk later on. :)

"It was damn weird, I'm telling you," Luke told Michael, taking a slice of pizza from the box.

"It was weird that you hung out with Ashton and he apologized?" Michael restated, keeping his eyes on whatever video game he was playing.

"Yes! I don't know how you're acting so calm about this. Ashton Irwin never apologizes. Fuck, I thought the kid hated me?" Luke told him, slightly freaking out. Again, he was acting like a teenage girl.

"Luke, calm down. Maybe he really felt bad for freaking out on you. Just give him a chance. He might not be that bad of guy," Michael told Luke, irritated with how his friend was handling this.

"Since when were you on Ashton's side?" Luke scoffed.

Luke knew that something was going on with Michael. Normally, he would think the same as Luke and be just as shocked about his apology as Luke was because Michael hated Ashton as much as Luke did. But instead, he was acting like he never hated him to begin with and that was absolute bullshit. To say the least, Michael wasn't at all acting like himself.

"I'm not on Ashton's side. I'm just saying that the guy might not be a complete dick like you think," Michael said simply.

"How do you know? He's an asshole. He always has been," Luke argued.

"How can you just judge him when you barely know him?" he snapped.

Luke was kind of taken aback by Michael's snap, but pretended as if it didn't bother him. "I'm not judging him? I'm stating a fact based on what I know."

"That's not a fact, Luke. That's a front he puts up. You're judging his front," Michael told him.

"What do you mean? How do you know?" Luke asked, furrowing his brow.

"Because I've been helping him, Luke! He's not a prick! He's confused and needs someone to be there for him and God knows that his friends aren't!" Michael exploded, now yelling. Luke stayed in his spot, scared that Michael was going to bite his head off. "Ashton's not a bad person. He's actually a really nice guy and he's changed since the party. He's not the same Ashton that you supposedly know him as."

"So, you're friends with him?" Luke asked, just to clarify.

"My God, Luke. It's not that big of deal, but yes! Is that such a bad thing? I went to his house to talk to him, like you did, except I was less forceful than you," Michael explained. "And we've been talking and such ever since."

"So all the lunches and shit that you missed was because you were hanging out with him?" Luke snapped, his tone filled with envy. "You were ditching me?"

"I was helping him, Luke. I wasn't ditching you. Why should it matter anyway?" Michael asked, getting scared of the tone that Luke was using.

"Because my best friend is ditching me for my mortal enemy! You can't hang out with him, Michael! He's going to corrupt you into being a dick!" Luke yelled.

"Calm the fuck down. He's not going to corrupt because he's not a dick. Also, you were hanging out with him, so shouldn't I be going ape shit on you?" Michael pointed out.

"I didn't plan it! He just showed up!" Luke yelled. "I have every fucking right to be going ape shit on you! You're going behind my back!"

"Whatever. If you're going to sit here and bitch at me for being a terrible friend, get out of my house. Go find somebody who gives half a shit to listen to you. I've been nothing but a good friend to you, Luke. All I'm doing is helping someone else who doesn't have anyone to talk to like you do," Michael sneered, sick of listening to Luke scold him for being a good person.

"Fuck you, Michael," Luke spat, gathering his things and leaving Michael's room.

Luke and Michael rarely ever fought. The extent of their arguments was over something petty like which Youtuber was hotter, so this was definitely different for them to be having an argument over something like Michael turning his back on Luke, which he certainly wasn't.

For as long as they have been friends, Michael and Luke never betrayed each other. They loved each other like brothers and never once thought of betraying the other. So for Luke to accuse Michael of turning his back on him hurt Michael because he would never do that to Luke. He was confused as to why Luke would even think that he would do that in the first place. They were allowed to have other friends and both of them knew that. Michael understood that Luke didn't like Ashton and he didn't expect him to be gung ho on their friendship, but he didn't think that Luke would go insane about it. It wasn't like Michael was forcing Luke to hang out with Ashton. He wouldn't stick his friends in that predicament knowing that the two didn't like each other one bit.

----

Luke got home, completely fuming about Michael and Ashton being friends. How long has it been going on? That was probably why Michael was invited to the party. That was why Luke had to endure the disgusting makeout session with Ashton. It sickened Luke that Michael would go against him like that. Michael knew that Ashton wasn't a good person or a good influence. And Michael had even told Luke that he didn't like Ashton because he was a dick. Had Michael lied to him?

Another thing that burned Luke's ass was that Michael had ditched him for Ashton. All the times Luke was alone in the library during lunch, Michael was probably with Ashton. Before Ashton had even showed up at the library after school, he was probably with Michael. Luke didn't like that Michael was spending all of his time with Ashton. It wasn't fair.

"You're home early. I thought you were at Michael's," Liz said as Luke walked into his house.

"Why would I be wasting my time with someone who isn't even my friend?" Luke spat.

Liz furrowed her brow, confused as to what Luke meant. Liz knew that it Michael and Luke never got into fights. The two were too alike to ever disagree enough on anything to end up hating each other. She followed her son up to his room, worried that something serious happened with Michael. Luke could put up with a lot when it came to Michael, so she knew that there was something definitely wrong.

Luke was in his room, not even knowing what to do with himself because he was so pissed off. He heard a light knock on the door, knowing that it was his mum thinking that something traumatic happened. He didn't want to snap her head off, so he wasn't going to answer.

"Luke, open the door," Liz said through the thick door, waiting for her son to answer it. "Lucas Robert."

"I don't want to fucking talk to anyone!" Luke yelled angrily.

"You're not going to be talking if you keep using that tongue, mister," Liz warned. "Tell me what happened."

"God dammit, mum! I want to be left alone!" Luke yelled again, tears finding their way out.

His eyes landed on a picture of him and Michael smiling on his desk. He leaned back against the wall and slowly slid down, now crying angrily. That's when he realized the real reason he was pissed off and it wasn't at Michael one bit.

----