A Wand

"Lets go Selena, best to go before she changes her mind." he headed towards the door picking up the trunk on the way. Selena hurried after him only to stop remembering something, she flew up into her room and grabbed her guitar and stuffed it into its heavily decorated case. The case snapped shut almost catching her fingers in her haste. She pushed a green army cap on before running out the door after her father.

"This is the leaky cauldron?" Selena asked in disbelief staring at the small black corner that had a single door and sign with no windows. It seemed to be the type of place one could easily miss if they weren't looking for it. She pushed open the door to find the inside was a lot bigger than it looked. It was dank and full of odd people drinking and talking. Selena got to the bar with the help of her fathers wide shoulders where the bartender was cleaning out some glasses.

"Excuse me is there a room for Selena DeBrax?" Her father shouted over the noise of the crowded bar.

"Yes Dumbledore himself rented it out, why's that?" the bartender eyed Selena suspiciously. He held out a room key that was old and rusty, it had a number carved into some wood attached to it.

"No reason in particular." Rupert offered as a reply grabbing the key and checking the number, he led Selena up rickety stairs and pushed open the 13th door. It had a bed on the far side of the room with a pile of miscellaneous equipment on top. Selena rummaged through the pile to find uniforms, a cauldron, and all the other supplies that were on the list, the only thing missing was a wand. There was a note under a small pouch, the note read 'enough to get a wand and some extra for other expenses you may encounter.' She pulled open the pouch to find a handful of coins she had never seen before.

"So lets go get me a wand!" Selena exclaimed already running down the stairs, she pulled open the back door to find a brick wall. "What the..."

"Excuse me coming through." A booming voice came from behind, Selena spun around to see an overly large man who was twice as tall and five times wider than a normal man. His bushy black hair covered most of his face and he wore a large brown coat with pockets all over. He walked to the brick wall and pulled out a pink umbrella tapping it multiple times. Behind him was a small boy who was tiny in comparison to the man and had large round glasses. His hair was wild and covered his forehead reaching to the top of his glasses. She turned away from him to see the brick wall had become a brick archway, her jaw dropped in amazement.

"Hey Selena why are you just standing there." She heard her fathers voice beside her grabbing her attention, he pulled Selena through the archway. There were stores lining the path in front of her filled with oddly dressed people, they all wore robes and pointy hats.

"Wait why are you so calm about this?" Selena turned to her dad suddenly realizing he hadn't seemed surprised by the events of the last few days.

"Actually my parents are a witch and wizard, so I grew up with all this." He motioned at the stores in front of us making her jaw drop once again.

"What! Why didn't you tell me!" Selena half shouted at him drawing a few stares, she calmed down as quickly realizing she was being loud. "Sorry never mind. Where do I get a wand!" She changed her tone quickly, finally deciding this couldn't be a huge prank. He smiled at her enthusiasm and pulled her towards a store called 'Ollivanders wand shop'.

"I'll let you get your wand while I grab some food." Rupert pushed her towards the door lightly before heading the other direction. Selena pulled open the door and found herself in a room filled with rows and rows of long boxes, each had it's own labeling that she couldn't understand.

"Miss. Lestrange your here for your wand." an old looking man came out from the shelves looking straight at her.

"What, I'm Selena DeBrax." She said confused looking to see if there was someone behind her.

"Sorry, hard to keep track after all these years." He looked closely at her before walking towards her with a measuring tape floating beside him. It unfurled and measured Selena from toe to head before floating back to the shelves. The man pulled out a box from one of the shelves  and opened it revealing a crooked stick. He handed it to her, she flicked it causing papers to fly off his desk.

"Sorry!" Selena apologized before handing it back quickly, he scowled before disappearing in the shelves once again but for longer than before. He came back with a much dustier box handing the her the wand, once she picked it up her hands started to burn, she dropped the wand revealing no burns. He looked thoughtful before climbing a tall ladder and pulling off a wand from the highest shelf. He muttered something about the third time being the charm before handing her the wand, the moment she touched it she felt a power surge through and around her.       

"Ah yes a black walnut with a Phoenix feather core, 13 1\4 inches, reasonably supple." He listed off facts easily, slightly confusing her, the wand was dark brown and fairly simple, the handle had intricate designs resembling waves and clouds. As far as Selena was concerned it was perfect.