Why Tony?

There was a loud bang and the classroom door flung wide open. A few people sat in the front row saw Steve and I, and began to giggle. Steve clambered up the wall and stood up, hurrying himself along to wherever else he could be. My Physics teacher, Mr Fury, strode out from the classroom and simply looked down on me.

"Sorry sir?" I said, my voice faltering. I went on to explain how my mind was quite confused at the current time. "Well that's not good enough Banner. You're my second-best student to Stark and I can't have you falling behind! You have great potential when you allow yourself to work so don't take this opportunity-"

I couldn't even be bothered to concentrate for the rest of his speech. I'd heard it all before from other teachers. All I could think of was Steve and his sweet, sweet voice.I gazed back into the classroom and saw Tony. He was shuffling awkwardly in his seat, trying to avoid my gaze. "Oh why is this so hard?" I mumbled, blanking out Mr Fury. He ignored my comment and let me back into the class for the last five minutes. Not a word nor even a glance was exchanged between Tony and I.

That evening, I couldn't get Tony and Steve out of my mind. Ok so I know I can tell if a guy is attractive, but it doesn't mean I like him, does it? I kept asking myself similar questions, none of which I could answer. All I could think of clearly was their faces so close to mine. "I give up!" I said to myself as I finally fell asleep.