~The Bet~

Author's Note: Hey guys! So after 5 months of keeping this story locked in my head, I finally had the guts to begin writing it- so here it is!

The guy above in the picture is Brendon. Stick around for more chapters to come! Enjoy!

Brendon's P.O.V

       There's nothing worse than having to sit through Mr. Thompson's boring lectures in History. He was always giving his students double the amount of homework than most teachers and never stopped running his big mouth, yet he expects us to sit through his class everyday for an hour? I could've been on my phone checking Fantasy football, but he had already took my phone away.

I leaned back in my chair, resisting the urge to go and grab my phone off of his desk and walk out of class. It was tempting, but it wasn't worth getting detention and missing tonight's football game.

I was the quarterback for the school's Falcons, and joining the team was the best thing that has happened to me. I met one of my best friends, Jason, shortly after joining. He sat in the desk right beside mine.

Since I had nothing else to do, I turned and started talking to him. "Jason!" I whispered.

He looked up toward Mr.Thompson, who was now sitting at his desk, then at me.

"What?" He asked.

"You ready for the game?" I smirked.

It was obvious that we were going to win. Tomorrow we're up against The Wolverines- a team that we had been neck in neck with throughout the whole year. We had already played them earlier this year, and in the end, we won the game with a score of 16-15. It was a close call, but tonight would be different. I could hardly wait to get back onto the field.

"I don't know, man," Jason replied, looking doubtful. "Last time we played, we just about lost."

"But we didn't." I reminded him.

He shrugged. "Whatever. I'm just saying. I mean, I know we're good and all, but how good are we?"

"Good enough to be those Wolverines one last time." I chuckled.

"I don't think so." He paused for a second. "How 'bout this: If I'm wrong about all of this and we do end up winning, then you get to dare me whatever you want, but if I'm right, then you have to do any dare that I tell you."

I didn't even have to think for a second before saying, "Deal." Then we both leaned back in our seats, satisfied with ourselves. Jason made it too easy for me. All we had to do was win, and then I could send him streaking through the entire school. Or maybe I would make him get a full body waxing. Anything I wanted, I would be able to make him do. He was at my mercy now. Now we just had to wait till tonight.

Lunch- one of my favorite parts of the day. I walked into the huge cafeteria that was already filled up. I walked over to where I usually sat. My friends and I always sat at the same round table.

Most kids would call us " The Cool Kids" or even " The Jocks". Neither term really bothered me.

"Look who finally showed up." I heard Jason say as I sat down next to him. The others laughed and stared at me. "What?" I asked.

It was quiet for a second, then another one of my pals from football, Daniel, said, "Are you really that stupid?" He and the rest of the table laughed.

I gave him a confused look. "Uh, it depends." I responded. "What are you talking about, anyway?" I began picking at my mac & cheese.

"Jason told us about that little bet you and him made about the game tonight." Scarlet, Daniel's girlfriend explained. "Do you really think that you guys are good enough to beat the Wolverines?"

For some reason, I felt almost insulted that everybody was doubting my team's abilities. "Yeah, I do actually. Do you?" I looked around everybody, waiting for a response.

"We're good, man, but we're not that good." Jason responded.

I though my hands in the air. " I guess I'll prove you all wrong tonig-"

"Wait!" Stacy, Jason's girlfriend, whispered to me. " Look who just walked into the cafeteria." I turned toward the doorways, and sure enough, there came Megan strutting through like she didn't have a single care in the world.

Megan was my girlfriend. Was. Her and I broke up just a few weeks ago. We had been together for almost 3 years, and she all of a sudden decided to end it. Her reason was so that way "We could both see other people." Bull-crap. But I had to give it to her- she was one of the hottest girls in the school, and I was one of the hottest guys, so we were perfect for each other. It was sad that she wanted to ruin the opportunity to be with me- an opportunity most girls would kill for.

We all watched as she continued walking through with her long, jet black hair, pretending not to notice us or anybody else, before she went and sat with the school's top baseball player- Cody Roberts. Cody had always been the best pitcher the school has ever had. He was about my height, 6 ft, and he had dirty blond hair. She walked up to his table and the 2 of them embraced in a hug. Then she wrapped her arms around his neck and they began to kiss him. A long, long kiss. Too long, in my opinion.

"Looks like somebody's getting jealous." I heard Stacy say to me. I snapped out of my gaze and turned back to my table. "Shut up." I muttered. She was right though. No matter how hard I was trying, I still couldn't bring myself to stop wanting her. After being with somebody for that long, it was kind've hard not to be jealous.

"Don't worry, man. I'm sure you'll find a new girlfriend. One who is better than Megan." Jason said with a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

"Yeah, like how 'bout her?" Daniel asked, pointing across the room to a small corner where the geeks usually hung out. I looked and saw the girl he was talking about- some ugly girl who was wearing a bini and and a jacket that looked 10 sizes too big for her. She was sitting at a table with 1 other person. I didn't recognize either of them.

"I'd kill myself before dating that." The whole table laughed at my joke. As I thought of a question to ask Jason, I turned to him, only to find him already looking at me and grinning. "What? Why are you looking like that?" I asked.

"You know why." He replied.

I gave him a confused look. Then, he pointed in back in the direction of the same girl in the corner. At first, I still had no idea what he was implying, then it hit me.

"No! No, no, no! There's no way that I'm-"

"But you made the deal!" He said to me. "You and I said that whoever lost the bet would have to do any dare that the other tells him to do. Any! Which means that if you lose the bet tonight, I get to decide your punishment." 

I looked around the room, hoping to think of some excuse to get myself out of this. I pounded my fist on the table. "Dammit." I muttered. Why did I have to make that stupid deal? Then I realized, I could make Jason do the same exact thing.

"Alright," I began. "But if I'm the one who wins the bet, then you're gonna be the one who takes little miss on a date." I pointed back to the same girl.

Jason shook his head. "Nope. I can't do that." Then he pointed to Stacy. Dammit! I completely forgot that Jason already had a girlfriend. Now there was no way for me to get him as good. But that just meant I had to try all the more at tomorrow's game, because there was no way that I was going to be asking that girl out.

A.N: I know that it all went by kind've fast, but stick around for chapter 2! Thanks for all your support! :)