~Preparations~

Sadie's P.O.V

       The screeching of the school bell nearly made me jump out of my seat. I looked around to make sure everybody else was out of the library, then began shoving my textbooks inside my cream colored backpack and started toward the exit.

      Finally, after a long week's worth of school, it was almost coming to an end. School was now out for the day and tomorrow would be Friday, then the weekend would be mine.

       I made sure to keep my head down while moving swiftly through the halls. I couldn't risk the chance of making awkward eye contact with anybody. It was bad enough that I occasionally had people come up to me and try to befriend me. Not that I'm the mean type, but it's just that I refuse to take the chance of letting myself go into another relationship with a guy that'll just end up in a total disaster. Now my family and I had moved away from old Oklahoma and into a nice suburban home in Denver, Colorado. The change was much different, but in a good way.

      A new school meant that I could pretty much forget about the past and finally move on. New friends, new classes, new environment, but not a new boyfriend. I had been through enough to know when to put my foot down. It was my final year as a highschooler and I could do without all of the tears and the drama.

      Even with certain friends, you could still have drama, so I had been cutting back on the amount of people I talked to this year. I only have one friend, and her name is Faith Lloyd. She was small, petite and had medium length brown hair. Her and I had been good friends since this school year had started 2 months ago, and now we are as close as ever. We usually meet up in the mornings to hang out before 1st period, and then we would always eat lunch together. A few people have attempted to sit with us, but I would always kindly deny them the right, only because I like to be hidden- not the center of attention.

      As I was walking briskly to the school parking lot to meet Faith, I turned the corner, and WHAM! I collided right into somebody. Confusion and chaos overtook me. I took a pretty hard fall to the ground, but luckily I didn't hit my head.

Immediately people started chattering and staring. I got to my knees and began collecting things that escaped my bag. I didn't bother looking up to see who it was that I crashed into. I snatched the remaining papers off of the ground and pushed them in the bag, then quickly got to my feet. As soon as I was on my feet, I came face to face with some tall, muscular guy who smelled lightly of cologne and our faces were inches apart. I could see that his eyes were a stunning crystal-blue color. I had to admit, he was really attractive.

       We both stood there for what must have been a split second, but felt like an eternity. He backed up away from me as his facial expression changed into a sneer.

"Watch where you're going." He hissed. 

He gave me an almost disgusted look, then he and his posse of friends began to laugh and walk away.

       I stood there for a second, still recollecting my thoughts of everything that had just happened. I noticed people were starting to stare at me, so I continued out the school doors and into the sunny parking lot.

   What a jerk! Now that I had been thinking about it, the guy didn't even bother to help me up or ask if I was alright. He just....walked off!

     I quickly approached my little white Honda Civic and got in. I threw my bag in the back seat, not caring if things fell out, or even broke at this point. I was mad at whoever that guy was back there.

      I sat there for a moment, breathing in and out, slowly. It usually helped when I got angered or flustered.

    Glancing in my rear-view mirror, I noticed that I still had my bright red beanie on, as well as my my glasses. I wore the glasses because they did a decent job of covering up my face, but mainly because I needed them to see.