Dangerous Weapon: Leek Pie

It was difficult, to say the least. Especially as Orihime was one of her best friends in the World of the Living. But there was nothing Rukia could do, except accept the strange looking cake slice from Orihime's outstretched hand with a smile.

Just like she used to do.

Everything was so difficult now. Before it had been so effortless, all the girls in Ichigo's class had accepted her into their social group with open arms straight away, and she had been grateful for that.

But now...

Ever since Orihime had admitted she had a massive crush on Ichigo, Rukia had felt really awkward around her. Before, Rukia had convinced herself that she and Ichigo were merely friends, but as soon as she heard Orihime liked him, she found herself feeling jealous.

Every time Orihime would tell the group a new story, maybe one about how Ichigo had accepted a slice of her leek pie, or how he had walked her home, or even just that he had smiled at her when they passed in the corridor, Rukia couldn't deny the obvious green feeling she felt, deep down. All those things were so stupid anyway, it wasn't like Ichigo was falling in love with Orihime because he couldn't say no to her leek pie.

That's what she thought, until Orihime told the group a new story. This one was about the time she had gone into Ichigo's room when he was sleeping, and nearly kissed him. To be fair, the way she told it, it sounded like she was some kind of stalker. But when Rukia heard it, her hands balled up into fists, and her breathing quickened. She wanted to be the one in Ichigo's room... and yet...

She usually was in his room anyway. Being in the World of the Living meant she had to stay in his wardrobe while she carried out her Soul Reaper duties. But the way Orihime told the story, Rukia felt like there was more going on there, and she hated it.

"Excuse me", she chimed with a smile, and stood up. All the girls watched her as she made a hasty retreat.

"Is something wrong with Rukia?", Orihime wondered.

"Hey Rukia, wait up!!" Rukia turned around to see Ichigo running after her. She frowned. Just great. He was the last person she wanted to see after today. "What's wrong?", Ichigo asked as he caught up with her. Rukia sighed. As she went to Ichigo's house every day after school, she knew avoiding him would be impossible.

"Nothing, everything's fine", she said firmly, as if she was telling herself as well as Ichigo. He shrugged.

"Okay, if you say so. So any new Hollow reports?" If there was one thing she knew about Ichigo, it was that he wasn't the sort of person to poke and pry in others' private feelings.

And that was one of the reasons why she was so deeply in love with him.