Ninth Chapter

Brooke kept on walking until she reached her car. The moment her driver saw her, he went inside the car and started it. Brooke went in as well and placed all of her things aside. She’s too excited to go home. She wants to know the news about Agnes already.

The moment her driver parked her car in their garage, she went out at once, leaving all of her things inside the car. She went inside their house and looked for her mother. But to her dismay, Lacey is nowhere to be found. Because of that, Brooke just got her things in her car and went straight to her room.

She changed her clothes and started doing all the school works that she had missed since her long absence. After doing some, she suddenly remembered what happened to her a while ago. She remembered the guy that she bumped into. She can’t help but think who that guy really was.

“Ugh. Who is he? His face is somewhat familiar, but I can’t remember his name. I can’t even remember where I met him before, if I met him already. This is insane! Ugh.” Brooke said while covering her face with one of her books.

Suddenly, she realized something. So she removed the book from her face, stood up and went to the mini-library in her room. She looked at her yearbooks and checked every face and name in there. After looking at 7 yearbooks, she stopped at a specific page that caught her attention.

“So it’s him? What is he doing in my school anyway?” Brooke’s thoughts were disturbed when she heard someone calling her.

She knew it was Lacey that was calling her so she immediately put back all the yearbooks back in the shelf and went downstairs. She looked for Lacey around the house and she saw her in the kitchen. Brooke then sat down on one of the high stools and observed what Lacey is doing.

“Hey, young lady. Why are you looking at me like that?” Lacey asked.

“You know the reason Mom.”

“Do I?” Lacey answered back and she laughed. She continued preparing all the stuff that are scattered on the counter of their kitchen.

“Mom, what’s the baking for? You know that Dad and I don’t like sweets that much. Is this a special day or what?”

“Well, let’s say it is special. Happy?”

“No. I want the complete story Mom. And you promised me that you’ll tell me all the details about Agnes after school!”

“Yes. I know I promised but let’s just wait after the baking is over, okay?”

“But-”

“No more buts young lady. I’ll continue baking and you continue doing your school works, unless you want to help me with the baking?” Lacey told Brooke, half-ordering and half-asking. 

“Nah. You know how much I hate baking right? I’ll just do my school works. Call me when you’re done baking. Promise me Mom!”

“Alright. I promise. Happy?” Brooke just nodded and went upstairs already.

Like what she promised, she continued doing her school works. After doing majority of those, she opened her laptop and checked on her online blog and other accounts. She was surprised to see a post from Luke. She immediately replied at him.

From: Luke Nichols

Hey. I hope you could remember me already.

To: Luke Nichols

Yeah. Yeah. I remember you already. Happy?

From: Luke Nichols

Nah. Remembering is not enough. Why don’t we meet up somewhere?