Five

Over summer our friendship got even stronger.

Seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours, hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, and before I knew it, I had wasted my whole time thinking only about him.
If I wasn't with him during the day, I was thinking about the next time I'd see him.

In the short space of three weeks we had been up to all sorts.
By then my knee pretty much healed so we were able to do lots of things.
Parasailing, fishing, surfing, you name it.

But on days when I wasn't feeling up to it I'd watch him practice skateboard tricks in the drive, while I sat and ate ice cream.
Min Jae and Yuri would also join me, though they would easily get bored and play on the beach instead.

Not me though, I don't think I'd ever get bored of Park Jimin.

My parents, Uncle Tim and Auntie Lin had been soaking up the sun for most of the holiday.
They had been planning the last summer barbecue that the whole neighborhood were invited to on Saturday.

Uncle Park sent us to town to buy some groceries for the barbecue.
Stuff like disposable plates, cutlery, condiments and napkins.
We were going to buy the meat on Saturday morning.

There was less than a week left, today being Tuesday and we'd be driving back home on Sunday morning.

Over the past few weeks our friendship grew and I learned a lot about him.
He shared with me his interests, fears and a few secrets.
In exchange I gave him my trust and also opened up a little about my own personal life.

It was strange, I wouldn't usually open up so much to somebody I had just met but there was something about this guy.

Park Jimin was different, and he was comfortable to be around.

Park Jimin got me.

---

Today the sun was increasingly blinding so I lathered up the sun lotion as I burn like a tomato.
After saying goodbye to my parents I opened my front door to see Jimin already waiting for me on the patio.
He was sitting on the fence, swinging his feet wearing a pair of beaten up converse.
His black shades hid his warm brown eyes that didn't quite hide when he smiled, as I could imagine them twinkling behind the opaque lenses.

---

We weren't supposed to be buying food but we couldn't help ourselves.
Lunch was the motive since there was air conditioning in here and almost baking outside.

"Jimin, have a bite of my burger, it tastes so good!"

"No, I'm fine thanks." Jimin peered down at his phone for the fourth time today while sipping on his drink.

When we finally got to the convenience store Jimin seemed even more quiet.
I shrugged it off and went to look for the things we needed for the barbecue. I was down the aisle with my weights worth in disposable cutlery and plates when I turned around to see Jimin stood staring down at his watch.

He looked a little nervous.

"Jimin, are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just that I'm getting my results today. They're being emailed to me like, right now."

"Oh...you must be nervous, huh?"

He sighed "Very."

"Don't be. I'm sure you've done well. Jimin-ah fighting!" I put my hand up in a fist as I cheered for him but then dropped half of the things I was carrying.

He couldn't help but laugh as he picked them up and we carried them to the check-outs.

"Pabo, you're so funny sometimes."