FFMBBF - Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Everything was so loud. I could barely hear Dylan and Nathan talking about whether or not Nathan was going to make his move on the chess board, we were playing in pairs, me and Emily and Dylan and Nate. I was sitting listening to Maroon 5's, moves like jagger, crashing through the floor boards to my room, waiting for my turn.

"Just choose already are you gonna make this move or not?" I asked, angrily. Nathan always frustrated me, but he was a great brother, he had blonde hair and blue eyes and all the girls loved him and Dylan, they were twins and complete copies of each other.

"Keep your knickers on, Sydney. About to make it!" Nathan said smiling at my angry expression. Suddenly, the door burst open and I looked up to see my mum walking into room, well I don't know if you could call it walking, it was more like swaying.

"Hey kids, having fun? What you doing? Oh, chess, can I join the girls?" My mum slurred, excitedly.

"Sarah, you have guests downstairs, you can't stay up here and play Chess with our children!!" My dad told her, he looked worriedly at my mum. I frowned at his worried expression until I looked at my mum again to see that she had gone completely pale. She didn't move, didn't speak, she just collapsed to the floor. Emily and I screamed as my dad ran into the room, checking if she was breathing.

Dylan ran to me grabbing me in a hug trying to calm me down while Nathan did the same with Emily. It was always like this, if I was upset, Dylan would comfort me. I was closer to him than Nathan and Emily had the exact same relationship with Nate. My dad shook his head as he stood up, tears shining in his eyes. He pulled out his cell phone and dialled a number quickly!

"Can I get an Ambulance to 24 Marble Road please? Quickly!" My dad cried down the phone desperately. "Shh, it's ok Syd, calm down. Breathe, Shh!" Dylan cooed in my ear soothingly, smoothing my long blonde hair from my face-my hair was like my mums and I loved it. I looked up at him, he looked so upset as he reached out his thumb and wiped away a tear. I hadn't even realised I was crying until I licked my lips and tasted salt.

I could hear sirens in the distance, Dylan stood up, lifting me with him and we walked over to where Nate and Emily were. Emily jumped up as we walked over and literally jumped on me sobbing.

"It's alright Em, the ambulance is coming now!" I told her doing my best to stop her from freaking out. She had long blonde hair like mine, only difference was hers was slightly wavy. Dylan and Nate both had dark blonde hair like my dad. I was 10, Emily 9, and the Twins 12. My parents spoilt us rotten; we each had our own room. Dylan and Nate didn't want to share because apparently it was 'not manly to share a room with your brother' as Nate said a few years ago. I loved my mum even if she was an alcoholic now and drunk more than she spent time with us kids, she always used to read me bed time stories when I was little.

Suddenly, about 3 people in green uniform came running into the room with a stretcher. They looked my mum over, then rolled her onto it. Me, Emily, Dylan and Nathan walked out of the house. As I walked out of the front door I saw Luke running out of his house across the road with his mum.

"Dylan, what's going on dude? What happened? Is everyone ok?" Luke ranted looking me over to see if I was hurt. Luke was cute, he had spiky brown hair and gorgeous green eyes, but he annoyed me so much. Why did my brother's best friend have to be an idiot? His mum looked at us worriedly then went to speak to my dad.

"Hey Luke, mum was throwing her usual Saturday night party and then she came to talk to us in Syd's room and just collapsed. Dad doesn't think she has a pulse!" Dylan explained sadly. I started to cry again as he said the last part. Dylan must have heard because he turned and hugged me again trying to calm me. Emily was holding my hand, her grip getting tighter so I tugged on her arm and she moved forward joining the hug with Nate. I lifted my head as someone touched my shoulder and turned to see Luke looking at me sadly. He looked so sad that I broke into a new round of sobs, almost collapsing to the ground.