▶Hιδδεη Lovε◀

I don't have much time. My vision is blurred and I feel weaker minute after minute. A woman is holding my hand telling me to keep my eyes open; but I know that I'll give up soon.
I am a brave person, but if there's something I'm scared of, that thing is called death. And I don't want to die without seeing Blake one last time. I have to see him; I have to tell him he's always been the one, the love of my life, even though he never felt the same way for me.
"Mr. Levine, I have to ask you to stay calm. Doctors are going to be here in a few minutes", the woman whispers trying to keep me still.
"No! Just let me fucking go!!", I scream struggling to break free "I must see him!"
I suddenly get up and run along the road; my wounds are bleeding, but I don't care. Now the only thing I have to focus on is finding Blake. The woman starts running after me, asking desperately to stop.
I try my best to run away and hide, but before I can understand what's going on, I hear the sound of the ambulance getting closer. Too late.
"Do you want me to call your parents?", a nurse asks gently while some men lay me on a stretcher.
"No", I mutter under my breath "call Blake"

"Please, let me get on this freakin' ambulance! I wanna see Adam before you take him to the hospital!"
I know that voice; he's here, finally.
"Let him go!", I cry. Pain curses through my body and makes me wince. When Blake rushes toward me and grabs my hand, everything softens. I immediatly meet his gaze and we get lost in each other's eyes. His are shining with tears like mine, but they're still beautiful.
"God, Adam... I'm sorry", he cries clutching my shirt that's now drenched in blood.
"What are you sorry for? It's not your fault", I say sweetly, ruffling his hair.
"If I was there... I could have saved you"
I try to reply but I feel something strange coming up my throat. I start coughing up blood.
"ADAM!", Blake gasps loudly before calling the doctors. One of them helps him cleaning the stretcher and says: "We are almost there, hold on"

"You'll be okay, Adam. I promise", Blake whispers in between sobs.
"Hey... listen to me now", I shush him. "Blake... we've been through a lot of things together. And I can't explain how much I'm grateful for my life and everything you gave me. I have an important confession to make... I've always loved you, Blake, since the day we met for the first time. I remember that day very well; we became friends immediately... and I've always been a bit shy, I never really expressed what I feel for you. I'm so sorry I'm telling you now, now that I'm going to die... but I was so scared of how you could have reacted"
Blake is speechless. His jaw drops and after several minutes he mutters: "After all this time... I find out you feel the same way for me"
"... what?", I whisper in surprise. I want to say more, but I feel two strong hands cupping my face and...
Our lips crash. It's the most passionate kiss I've ever had; it's full of emotions never showed before, now burning like fire, exploding like a volcano. In that kiss we put all the feelings we've been keeping hidden into our hearts for three long years.
We pull away.
"You love me, then?", I ask breathing heavily.
"I guess so", he smiles weakly.

"Mr. Levine, hold on, please", the blonde nurse keeps saying.
I can't resist anymore.
"Adam, stay awake", Blake shouts, his head shaking.
"I can't", I cry in pain. Blake's grip tightens while he kneels beside me.
"Hey, Cowboy... don't cry", I whisper softly, brushing my thumb across his cheek.
"I love you, Adam"
"I love you too, babe"
He starts tucking my hair while planting kisses on my whole face. It feels so good; we are meant to be. But not for long.
My eyelids are getting heavier.
"Blake", I shout, feeling my heartbeat skipping. It's like all the blood that was in my body has been sucked up; I feel empty.
"What?", he screams in reply.
"I... I think I'm dying", I whisper.
"NO! PLEASE, ADAM, NO! Don't leave me, you'll be okay! You just have to resist some minutes more. Please, stay with me", he buries his face in my chest like a little kid.
"I wish I could...", I place my hands on his cheeks, now burning red "Blake... promise you'll never forget me and all the things we've been through together"
"ADAM, WHAT THE HELL ARE YA SAYING? DON'T BE STUPID, YOU'LL BE OKAY"
I smile and shake my head. He finally loses all the hope and reaches my hands.
"Promise, Blake", I start tearing up.
"I... yes, I promise", he sobs.
I feel a strong pain hitting my chest.
"I'll love you forever", Blake cries.
Our lips connect for one more last, beautiful kiss.
"Thank you for everything... please, smile for me: I'm happy now that you're here", it's the last thing I manage to say, before my hands slip from Blake's grip and the darkness invades me. I finally close my eyes after seeing Blake smile, his face wet with tears.

Hi!
I hope you enjoyed this one shot, even though it's very very sad :( sorry about that, I promise the next time I'll make something happier XD
I am Italian and my English isn't that good, as you can see... so if you have some advices or you see mistakes, you can tell me so I can make corrections to improve the story.
Please tell me what you think in the comments and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the story!
Oh... and special thanks to followthemap
Bye for now! ;)

Dreammaker_222