Chapter One - Goodbyes

Jade's POV

"Come on Jade we're about to leave!" I hear my mother yell from downstairs "be right there!" I reply hurrying down the stairs.

"Did you make sure to pack some lingerie?" I ask my mother with a smirk as I enter the foyer.

"Oh hush Jade" she says with a small smile.

"Got everything you need?" we both turn as her new husband Ben walks down the stairs with the last of the luggage.

"Uh yeah I think so" she replies.

I do miss my dad at times, I mean yeah Ben was nice and all but, I had always loved my dad, even when he stayed out drinking and not coming home for days. I know that he cared about us but I think that he has issues that only he can solve. He was always a pretty good father to my brother and I, until he started constantly fighting with my mother and not coming home after work, that's when he stopped hanging out with us and taking us to amusement parks and to the bowling alley like he used to when we were younger. I really do miss those days sometimes. But Ben really is a good guy and he makes my mother happy, therefore I'm happy.

"Alright then, we should get going" he says walking past my mother out the door to the car.

"Ok just give me a minute"

"It sure is gonna be weird without you guys" I say my face sinking.

"Don't worry, we'll only be gone for a few weeks" she says "Yeah well, I hope you guys have fun" I say waggling my eyebrows.

"Enough of that" she says laughing.

"It sucks that Cam can't be here to say goodbye" I frown.

"I'll make sure to call him when we land".

I hear Ben honk "come on our flight leaves in 45 minutes!" he yells, "just give me another minute!" she replies.

She turns to me "You have my number right?" she asks.

"Of course, I have Ben's too"

"Ok good" she says with a slightly worried look on her face.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me, if something happens I'll just call you guys or Cam" I say with a reassuring smile.

"Ok well I love you and I will see you in a few weeks" she says giving me a quick hug.

"Be safe" she says with a serious look on her face.

"I will I promise" I reply, and with that she heads out the door, quickly making her way to the car.

"Bye, have fun you guys!" I yell at them as they pull out of the driveway.

Little did I know that this was the last time I would ever see them.

~

Ok so I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with this but I'll figure it out soon (I'm sorry that the chapter is so short I'm not sure what to write just yet, the chapters will be longer as the story progresses).

Also Cam is Jades' brother, he is in studying abroad in England. Her mother and Ben are going on their honeymoon in Jamaica.

OK I LOVE Y'ALL -rose