Give Me Love (Sergio Ramos/Marcelo Vieira) #3

[Addie.]

“Of course Sergio, of course! It was my damn intention on breaking your heart.” I quote the words with my fingers and I continued to scream at him. Sergio cringed at the harsh tone of my voice. “You think I kissed Ramos on purpose?” My heart clenches, I hadn't spoken of him in the longest time. “Yeah well, reality check, no. Besides that was months,” I emphasize the word. “ago!” It's been months, nearly a year since I've even stepped foot in Madrid. I hadn't accompanied Sergio to any of his away games. It wasn't because of Ramos I feared of bumping into, it was because I had my own things to work on here in Valencia. For one I wasn't a personal assistant anymore, journalism had been back on the table for a few weeks now. It had been exciting to write again. Mainly I was free lance, I did a few interviews or write articles for the newspaper and magazines, even made a television appearance once or twice. Point of the matter was, I had been making my own money and living with my boyfriend. Soon to be ex should I say. “But you think just because I kissed another man earlier in our relationship would even out the fact you had sex with another girl!” I yell out the last four words at the top of my lungs. I was beyond pissed at him. I was infuriated and I felt betrayed and unloved. Not to mention really dirty. His penis had been in another woman and now me too! For Christ's sake I could have an STD for all I knew! I was too young to have syphilis! I push myself past him to gather my clothing. “No Sergio, it doesn't. You are so insensitive! You are repulsive and you are just a monster!” I cried out as I grabbed another duffel bag to fill up. My heart was aching. It hurt so much. “No you know what no!” I shoved it to the ground, I felt the tears prickle my eyes. “You probably bought everything out of guilt.” I stomped over them. The clothes he bought me, the shopping spree he took me on just the other week. Guilt money. Guilt presents.

“Please Adalinda I'm sorry!” Sergio tries to grab me but I moved my arm away. His voice was different. He was sorry, but to an extent. He didn't fully mean what he was saying. Was it Valencia that changed the man I used to love? Did him cutting all his hair off and growing facial hair have any part of it? Was it…me? Whatever it was, I didn't like. It didn't matter, the Sergio I loved was gone for good and left this cheating monster behind with me. Hurting me far more than I ever hurt him with one kiss. Who was he to bring up something I had told him months ago! I came out clean because I thought it was the right thing to do, despite how he treated me the next few days. Was he getting back at me! I continued my way as I grabbed my coat and bag. “Alright do you want to hear what I have to say!” Sergio reasoned with me.

“Oh yes. Enlighten me!” I seeth through my teeth.

“I cheated on you, yes. But it's not as bad as what you did to me!”

“Are you insane! You fucked another girl! I only kissed a guy! How is that not as bad!”

“But that's just it Adalinda he wasn't /just/ a guy! He was the guy you loved! And I'm pretty damn sure you still love him.” Sergio frowns and I was at a loss. I didn't love Sergio Ramos. I love my boyfriend. I moved from Madrid to Valencia for him without a complaint. I've dealt with the problems like the lack of privacy and the jealous girls for him! Do you know how many women have glared at me or given me the bird in the past few months? A lot. “She was just a girl. She wasn't anything to me!”

“That still doesn't change the fact you cheated on me you bastard!” I punch him on the chest, more angry at myself than him. Angry that I let his words seep into me like they did. He was right though. I missed Ramos, but I didn't love him. Even though he was pushed to the very back of my mind… he was still there. I had tried my hardest to forget him but it didn't work. “What was she prettier than me? Did she do something better!” I continued to holler at him. Sergio grabbs my flailing wrists and stopped me.