The Last Hope of Christmas

It was the night of 24th in December, everyone in the village of Tukham was preparing their feast and decorations for Christmas. There they would place the decorations on the old village heirloom, a pine tree, there it was planted in the middle of the village by the first village chief and his wife to as the first landmark on the forest, every year villagers on the village would decorate the tree as to their belief it would give them good luck for the whole new year to come.

Their village chief, Allicus and his wife Alicia and their children Alice and Alec were proud of the village for continuing their heritage. There Alec would play or help decorate the tree as his older sister Alice would help the adults decorate the tree or cook for the feast with her husband Markus as the heir to become the chief and the strongest warrior on the village, her parents were proud of her choice. As Alec was playing with the children and Alice with her husband Markus would chat with the villagers about their 8 month baby growing inside her. Everything was going well until............

Hunters and Gunners started to appear from the woods and attack the village, the warriors immediately went to grab their weapons but they were too late, the gunners already shot them down, the women tried to escape by going to the woods with their children but like the warriors, hunters went and chased them until the killed every last one of the women and children with the village. Except one...

When the hunters and gunners went away, Alec then went out of his hiding spot and hissed when he felt pain in his stomach he placed his hand on his tummy to find it filled with ruby red blood, his blood, he then walk towards where he last saw parents ignoring the pain that currently is complaining. When he arrived at the booth that was for the chief and his family he could not believe his eyes! There his mother and father both lying together with eyes open staring at the night sky holding each others hand, he was shattered yet he tried to find his sister and her husband if they were alive on to find them dead like his parents, with his sister holding her husband's hand while the other was at her tummy where her now dead baby was inside. He cried as he tried to get away from the horrific sight until he tripped on something he looked down and saw a tree branch without leaves, it was short yet sturdy, he looked at where he was only to see the Old Tree burned to the ground with ashes where it once stood proud. He then decided to gathered all the decorations that was not burnt by the fire that caused the tree's life and wrapped it all on the branch carefully.

Once he was done he planted the branch on where the was once and started to fall, he knew this was probably the end for him knowing that the blood loss and infection by the surrounding was coming to him. He then died slowly while looking at the sky feeling free as the black dots started to cloud his vision, with his last words

"The village that was once proud now shattered and broken with nothing left but a little branch that will serve..... As The Last Hope of Christmas"