Part 1

Part 1

Alex liked to think that, after a month, he'd gotten fairly used to university life and he was settling in now that Freshers' week was over and the actual lectures had started. That wasn't to say that he was a fan of the nine am starts, because they were somehow worse than getting into college at eight forty five on a Monday, but he was getting there. That didn't mean he was all work and no play, though, and only last night he'd been out with his flatmate, Scotty, before heading back after just four body shots and two kisses because he knew he had an early lecture in the morning.

But everything in the past couple of weeks still didn't prepare him for the half-naked Adonis in his kitchen.

"Hey, I took a shower." The guy said, not looking up from making coffee. "I hope you don't mind."

Alex paused for a brief second before shrugging and rolling with it because crazier shit had happened. "Cool. Is there any coffee for me?"

"Yeah, I can make you some, seeing as I'm sponging off you."

"I take milk and two sugars."

The task had the guy distracted which allowed Alex to skim his eyes over his frame because opportunities like this didn't come around all the time: broad shoulders tapered down to a trim waist, boxers hanging teasingly low, and showing off tanned legs, slim and lean. The guy turned when he finished stirring in the milk and Alex continued his onceover, impressed with what he saw. He'd always been a little partial to blonds and there was something to be said about high cheekbones and nice skin. He knew then that Scotty had picked a winner and, damn, maybe he should've stayed out last night.

"Here," the guy said, putting a cup onto the table. "I didn't pin you as a sweet guy."

"Oh my God." Alex brought it to his nose, inhaling the smell of coffee happily. "Two sugars is coffee done right."

The guy had sat down opposite him and he tilted his head now, reminding Alex of his kitten when she was confused.

"No." Alex answered, pre-empting the question. "You didn't sleep with me."

The guy laughed. "I know, you're ginger."

Alex looked at him, distinctly unimpressed. "And you're a guy. Ew, gross."

"No, I didn't mean it like that," he said quickly, almost spilling his coffee in his haste to put it down. "I just meant that I wasn't that wasted last night to leave the club with a brunet and wake up to a ginger."

Alex looked at him assessingly before shrugging. "Okay, sorry, why don't we start again? I'm Alex, studying Econ, first year."

"Felix, first year English Lit."

Alex couldn't help but laugh. "Felix? Like the cat?"

He rolled his eyes, "You have no idea how unoriginal that is. It's not like I could choose my name."

"It's not like I could choose my hair colour."

"Point," Felix agreed.

"Do you want something to eat?" Alex asked, now they had that settled. "I have the normal breakfast staples—porridge, cornflakes, noodles—but I think, since you had the sex with Scotty, you're allowed to raid his cupboard."

"Sorry, had the sex?" Felix asked, eyes crinkling with mirth.

"You can call it whatever you want: bumping uglies, making the beast with two backs, the dance with no pants."

"Does that ever work for you?" he asked, genuinely curious. "Because, right now, you're making me cringe thinking about how awkward your pick up lines must be."