Preface

Since man created movies, vampires had always been depicted as freakish creatures that fed on the life of beautiful women. But as the years progressed they turned into invincible, sparkly, inhumanly beautiful creatures that fell claim to beautiful girls and wanted nothing more than to love them for eternity.

To the world, vampires were just mythical creatures created for entertainment. To me, that was complete and utter bullshit. Vampires were indeed real and living amongst us. You see, people only had half the idea of what vampires were figured out and that was only because they didn't want them to know the whole truth. They burned in the sunlight, they could be staked, they had powers that made them almost impossible to stake unless you were trained to hunt them down.

These people who are trained to hunt down the undead are called Guardians. They are protectors of the living and soldiers against the dead. I was one of them. I didn't have a crazy story as to why I joined the Guardians. I was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I was taught that vampires were soulless creatures that walked the earth killing without mercy for the living. As the years passed, I came to realize that what I was told about vampires were true and I've grown to hate them with a intense passion.

Nothing was to change that, but my last run-in was my greatest fight ever as a Guardian. It changed my life completely without permission. I am Guardian Emily Adams and this is my story.