01 | DEEP MEMORY

VALIANT HEART | DEEP MEMORY

"And please, God charish this dinner and bless our souls, Amen."

That was the last thing she heard her father say. That and...

"Stay put. Don't trust anyone. Golden rule."

Aimee can say that she misses him and his fatherly ways. She can. But won't. She doesn't miss him or his ways. To be honest, his ways were childish and idiotic.

"Don't pick at your food, Aimee."

and

"Lets get the fuck out of here, Tom!"

Guess who's last words those were. That's right. Mother. Boy's best friend and girl's worst nightmare. She undoubtedly will not miss her. One day she's yapping about Aimee being unlady like then leaving uncooked food for her the next. What a bitch.

If she would have to chose between who I like best, will probably be her father. Her mother's ways were also childish and idiotic but at least the man gave sympathy. She didn't spare a glance. Again, what a bitch.

Aimee probably shouldn't curse out her own mom. She is her mother for sakes. But in this situation, it seems appropriate. She left her. Left her because she will only drag her down. Her words, not Aimee's. It hurt but then when she saw her run with her sweet daddy by her side, the pain washed away. She doesn't get why. It wasn't meant to last.

Aimee wishes she knew where they were now. Just to know if they are alive at least. Then the thought of them leaving her comes to mind again. That's when she wishes they were dead.

Don't get her wrong, she loved her parents. She might've gotten annoyed some point in time or angry. They still gave her what she needed. She appreciates that, she really does. She still has clothes they bought her just days before they left. She hasn't opened the duffel bag. She's too afraid what to find. It just goes where she goes. That's it.

She has a brother or more like had. He isn't with them anymore. As in, Aimee doesn't know where he lies. Last time she saw him was probably when he sneaked into her room in the middle of the night. Just to say goodbye. It's in her deep memory.

It was the last moment she saw or heard of him. It was like he disappeared from reality. He didn't answer her calls or texts. She didn't cry after he left. But when her parents left her, Miles wasn't there to comfort her in anyway. That was the last time she felt alone.

Now she feels nothing.

___

He was probably a bit older than her. She wasn't really paying attention on age. He had thick brown hair and chocolatey eyes. She've known him for probably 2 years. He never noticed her though.

He had a girlfriend.

The last time Aimee saw him was probably when he picked up his sister from daycare. He almost ran her over. Bastard!

Aimee, being in a sour mood, flicked him off. He smiled but she was to busy holding her almost broken arm to spare a glance. He tried talking to her, but she would just flick him off again and again. And he'd keep laughing. His sister was inside the car. Them outside. She finally got the guts to get up but wasn't finished.

There was a rock where Aimee was standing. She quickly picked it up and as hard as she could, threw it at his face. He stopped laughing.

Who's laughing now?!

It wasn't her.

She almost got away but him being faster than her, he caught her leg. Aimee face planted to the ground. He picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. He finally sets her down. Before he could say anything, Aimee made a run for it.

When she got home, she told Miles and he smiled the whole time. That was also the last story she ever told him. That was just weeks ago.

Now she walks down a street, holding the duffel bag, when she feels a sharp pain on her back. Before she could register what was happening, another sting passes through her body. She drops the bag and her bow and arrows on the ground.

Aimee falls to the ground and tries to crawl away. She slowly turns around. Then came another bullet aiming at her head. She moves her upper body away. She catches a glimpse of dark hair.

She groans when she turns on her back and then starts panting. Her eyes feel droopy. Her back hurts and she can't feel her legs. She moves her arms to her sides and a cold liquid is right beneath her. With only her arms, she moves to the nearest pole there is.

Aimee's chest heaves up and down with her deep breaths. Breath. It's okay. It's going to be okay.

Right before her eyes flutter close, the sniper shows itself. He still looked like the old him. Except there is a frown across his face and a sniper hanging off his shoulder. Once his eyes lands on her laying body, on her face, his frown goes in deeper. His eyes widen and mutters something to himself. She slightly smile at him and her breathing slows.

He was always so handsome as hell.

___

PUBLISHED

September 12, 2015 9:00 pm est; US