A Talk

"I command an explanation."
Tyler turned to look at his gorgeous wife. He was discussing Eden's residence  preparations with Eden herself when Ellen pushed the door open and uttered those words.
"We were discussing whether Eden must stay in her.."
Ellen rolled her eyes and cut him,"I'm not discussing Eden here. I want an explanation of till when Jimmy will be kept away? I don't even know whether he is alive or dead!"
Tyler held his hands up,"You have all the right to be worried. I promise he is fine."
Ellen shrugged looking away from him,"the thing is, I don't trust you."
Tyler was trying to keep calm to handle her, he knew it wasn't that easy to figure out and out of sudden that you were taken away from your home, wed to a total stranger that claimed himself your boss and then he kidnaped your child and then a wolf attack you and then a human turns to a wolf in front of you. It was not easy at all. But still having a wife talking to you in front of your lover like that pissed him off. And having a wife that doesn't trust you was worst. "You do not trust me, I, your husband?!"
Ellen felt uncomfortable as she saw two maids stopping and looking at them after hearing Tyler shout. She looked at Tyler and pointed behind her, "We can go to your office and continue this chat."
"No I'm comfortable with Eden here. Oh.." He smiled and gestured to someone behind Ellen to come forward,"Come, Jacob. I'm ok with your presence, too."
Ellen smiled to Jacob then returned her attention to Tyler,"I don't mind anyone's presence. It is just that.." She exhaled tiredly,"it is a husband and wife chat."
Tyler snorted and took few steps toward her,"so you don't trust my words, but you trust yourself with me in a locked room?!"
Ellen crossed her arms giving him a piercing look,"I married you because I trust myself with you."
Tyler scoffed. She added,"I know you think I'm being ridiculous here.."
She felt Tyler's hand grabbing her wrist as he pulled her after him to the library. She kept her mouth shut, and tried not to trip and fall. His steps were bigger than hers thanks to her shorter legs. Once they were in, he pushed her to the sofa and locked the door.
She sat straight listening to his angry speech. "We both know you didn't want this marriage. Well, I didn't want it, too. You are the daughter and otherwise I would have married Eden. Your son was taken because you were too stubborn to just accept this marriage. I know you are feeling bad, but stop pushing it all on others. Stop picturing me as the bad guy who is not trust worthy!"
He stopped once Ellen stood up. She walked toward the office and dialed a number. "I'm talking to you here! Do not ignore me!"
He was about to slam that phone against the wall and crush it when he heard her words. "Hello. This is Ellen. Could you please get us two mugs of Tyler's coffee? Library. Thank you."
She gave Tyler a smile,"Let's postpone this chat till the coffee arrives. In the meantime, why don't you have a seat?" 
He was stunned. He was too angry to realize how high his voice was. He pushed her harshly on that couch, and he could see her skin turning red at her right bicep. Yet she waited till he finished his speech then she ordered him coffee.
Soon, their coffee was served and he felt his anger disappear with the first sip. He waited her till she drank almost half the cup. Then he saw her half smile as she talked. She looked at him directly, and he could tell how much tense she was. Yet she was calm. Her voice was beyond average but not too low. She knew every word she was about to say.
"I hope when I speak this time, you listen till the end."
She took a sip of that delicious coffee. It was now or never. He was under pressure, but he wasn't seeing hers. She wanted to clear things, so he starts understanding her.
"Perfect was not the word that I would use to describe my life before you. But it was good enough for me and my family to be happy. And worst is not the word that I'd use to describe my current life. But it is bad enough to make me sad."
She smiled again.
"I know how much you love Eden and how hard it is to marry someone else because you need to in order to get what's yours. But did you think for once how hard it was for me?! How hard it is now?!" Tyler broke their eye connection as soon as he saw a glistening in her eyes.
"I was a happy working mother. One day my business was forced to be owned by someone else because he was rich enough to buy it. Next, I was forced to have a guard who's job was to keep an eye on me. Then, I was attacked with my child by a group of heartless wolves. Then, I was invited here and forced to stay. I meet my real father and figure out that mama is my Nanny. As simple as that, I figure out that my life was nothing but a lie. After that, I find out that I must marry my boss according to some sort of contract. I am forced to accept that because my child was taken away. I marry the boss and find out I'm kind of a queen. I try adapting with this Royal life to find out I'm living with half humans-half wolves. So my child was taken by half wolves from somehow a month and a half and I know nothing about him. The thing is I don't trust anyone. Because everyone, at some point lied or hid something from me. No one was totally honest with me. Not even my husband. I trust that you won't hurt me, but I don't trust what you'd say to me. I am surprised that I hadn't gone insane by now. This story happened in around 3 months only. How might I feel?! I don't know. Simply, because I wake up thinking of Jimmy, I sleep thinking of Jimmy. I blink thinking of Jimmy. And all I get is you telling me Jimmy is fine. A mother can never be satisfied by words only. After all, he is my child!"
She cleared her throat,"I will stay here, as your wife, as long as I am supposed to. And I'm ok with that. I will not go back to work. And I am ok with that, too. But not seeing my child? Please don't do that to me."
Tyler said nothing. He just looked out of the window. She kept her eyes on him for a whole 15 min. And then she figured out nothing was going to change. She stood up and walked toward the door. Her hand was around the knob when she smelled his scent. She felt his warm body behind her and her heart went wild. His chin rested on her left shoulder and his hand captured hers. His voice came out low,"I'll arrange his comeback." He paused,"And we are called werewolves."
And as suddenly as he stood behind her, he returned to his office. She turned and mouthed him a thank you.
"Let's have a summary."
He raised a finger and she watched in shock how it turned all furry and animalistic then went back to normal. She returned to her seat slowly, and Tyler started explaining the pack form and some other stuff.
".. Your father is the alpha of another pack. He is my father's friend, best friend actually. You are the only daughter of him, thus his pack will eventually follow your lead."
Ellen said nothing. She raised her eyebrows up and nodded. Too much information was planted in her head in an hour.
Tyler added,"You read the royal book. You know your rights and duties. Anything else?"
"You said our fathers are friends. What's this whole treaty for?"
Tyler frowned at Ellen's question. He exhaled forcefully and looked away. He thought how to put the whole story into words until he spoke,"Alaric loved a woman of your pack. He kidnapped her and imprisoned her in a cave because she refused to escape with him. Later she was found and Alaric was forbidden to rule. It was my turn then. But your father was still mad and he wanted revenge. Until the elders suggested this solution. Our marriage. These ties kill the madness, they said. And that's it, we were sentenced to be married. This woman was the alpha's mate. And your mother. That's why you were sent to live in the city with your Nanny until you're old enough to face the reality. I was sent to find you and bring you home. And that's how it all started."

Out of all his sentences, she focused on one, 'your mother'. She paused before asking,"My mother?"
Tyler didn't answer. He could feel her intense gaze on him. She needed answers. But wasn't her father or even her Nanny the ones to tell her. He cursed. He just showed her how miserable her life was. And he was about to make it worse. He took a deep breath,"Passed away 2 years ago."
He found himself standing up then moving towards her. She was motionless. Maybe she was trying to digest everything in. He dropped to his knees in front of her. She was looking at her fingers with lifeless posture.
She didn't remember her mother. But it hurt. After all, she was hoping to meet her real mother. She felt awful.
He wasn't the kind of comforter. Especially when it comes to women. He had nothing towards her. He convinced himself with that several times before pulling her softly to his chest. "It's ok. It's ok."
He smelled her hair's intoxicating odor. It over-took his senses until he heard a sob. Another. And another. And then Ellen started shaking with her cries. And his heart started pushing on his rips hard and painful.