2. Rejection

Pic of Gracie Biers :D

Even though my mind is pretty clear right now, it is also messy with full of thoughts.

Like who is he? Why is he here? Why him? Is he human? A werewolf? Why did I meet him when Wyatt is about to ask me out? Why didn't I find him earlier?

Or when I'm older.

But what if you finally found him when you and Wyatt are serious? What will Wyatt feel? My wolf questioned in my mind.

True. But it's hard to digest the fact that I've found my mate. A human mate.

Fun fact my brother and I don't go to a werewolf school even if we are werewolves. Not that I know of any werewolf schools.

Mom and dad made sure that the school we go to doesn't have any werewolves before enrolling us in the school.

Reason is because our family ran away from our old pack about a decade ago.

I can't really remember the name of the pack but there's a 'Silver' in the name and it's somewhere along the Canadian border.

Focus Keira, we have to figure out about our mate, my wolf spoke.

Now how am I going to tell him about us being mates? By walking up to him and say, 'Hey, do you know that the moon goddess fated us together by making us mates?'

That's impossible because I will have to tell him someday and not freak him out at the same time.

Because him freaking out and avoiding me equals disaster.

"Hey Keira, are you okay? You look kind of pale." Wyatt brushed his hand against my arm.

I think that not having any feelings for Wyatt anymore also means that I didn't get the tingling feeling I used to feel when Wyatt made contact with me.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. I mean, why wouldn't I be?" I asked softly.

"So is it a yes?" Wyatt asked me.

I gave him a blank look. What is he talking about?

"Go on a date with me." Wyatt gave me his dazzling smile, something that I could never resist then.

Now what do I say? My chest feels heavy when I thought of saying yes.

Lucky for me, the school bell rang. "I've got to go for class." I grabbed my bag and pulled away from his grip.

I looked at where the guy stood to see that he was no longer there. I sighed, and made my way to my class.

*****

I sat beside my best friend Gracie Biers in history class. She's been my best friend since we moved here. I know it's because we kind of look alike like we have the same round face, round eyes, slightly plumped lips. Even the way we act is similar at times that people thought we are cousins. Or even sisters. Which I don't mind.

"What's wrong?" Gracie sounded really concerned.

"I don't know... I just..." I took a deep breath. "Wyatt asked me out earlier."

Gracie squealed and clapped her hands together. "Oooh the Kyatt ship has finally sail!" She said it in her sing-song voice.

"No it didn't sail. In fact, I didn't say anything."

Gracie looked at me, her smile turned upside down. She frowned.

"What? Why would you do that?" Gracie asked, her voice sounded a little sharp.

"I-I I don't know! I just don't feel like it-" that was when I saw that guy again, this time standing at the door and planked with two attractive and muscular guys at the door.

As if on cue, the three of them looked at me. I, on the other hand is looking at the guy in the middle. My mate.

It's as if the time has stopped moving. I couldn't budge a single muscle and continued staring at him while his eyes bore into mine.

"Hello?" Gracie waved her hand in front of my face that made me snapped back to the reality.

She turned to look at the guys for a moment before turning back to look at me. Then back at them for a few seconds before turning back to me.

"Wait. You didn't turn Wyatt down because you have a crush on the new guy, right?" Gracie asked me, sounding mad.

Crush? No, I don't have a crush. How can I tell her that the guy in the middle is my mate? The person that I am bound to forever?

"I can't believe it! One hot guy comes along and you dump the one you're holding on." She raised her voice, which made the whole room silent.

What is she even talking about?

"N-No I-" Gracie cut me off before I could even say anything.

"Whatever Keira. Lie all you want." Gracie took her history textbook and moved to another place to the other side of the class.

I slumped on my seat.

What is wrong with her? Why is she acting like it is such a big deal? Okay maybe me doing that to Wyatt is a big deal but come on, there's no reason for her to be so pissed at me like that.

I was so deep in thought about earlier that I almost missed those words.

"So is this seat taken?"