Double bad luck or karma?

Sitting having a coffee with Jimmy was pretty awkward. I just didn't know what to say to him, we were surrounded by other people talking in the backgrounds and the sounds of both of us sipping coffees. Finally I couldn't stand the silence any longer, I cleared my throat. "So how has things been?" I asked staring into my coffee. I heard Jimmy sigh, presumably he felt just as awkward as I did. "Ah yeah. Things are good, and you?" I also sighed deeply and rested my forehead on my hand for a moment, "things could be better" I stated looking up to him. He smiled briefly, god this is so awkward. I looked at my watch, I know I had nothing to do but getting out of this silence was a good thing right now. "Well, look at the time" I went to stand up "I've got some personal stuff I need to take care of, I'll see you around!" I said grabbing my jacket and speed walking to the door.

Back at my lonely apartment, I began unpacking my clothes into my closet. I tried my best to forget the awkwardness that happened today, New York was a pretty huge city. What are the precise odds of bumping into someone you didn't really want to? Bumping into Jimmy today brought back so many memories from the past, firstly I noticed how much he has matured, he was always goofy when we were together, a Nintendo nerd and you would always see him sit around in sweatpants.

After I finished unpacking my clothes, I decided I never wanted another relationship! Maybe living alone with 100 fat cats wouldn't be a terrible idea after all. Giggling to myself, I found a short black dress that caught my eye. I was definitely going to get wasted this weekend at a bar.

Friday;
Yes! The start of a weekend. I had a pretty rubbish week and wanted to forget it all tonight. It was gone 7pm and I was finally ready. Heading out, I made my way to a bar, the bar I went to was pretty full already, and not surprising there were alot of guys here.

Pushing my way through the crowd to the bartender, I ordered myself a Gin and tonic. No point wasting time I thought to myself, the music was loud, "I Love Rock N Roll" was currently playing on the jukebox, with a drink in my hand I began swaying my hips back and forth to the beat. I began dancing more and did a fast twirl when the song ended, crashing into someone and my drink spilling all over their clean shirt. "AH! Sorry!" I yelled, and then froze when I saw him again. Jimmy laughed and cocked an eyebrow "I guess we are even now" he smirked. I began backing off slowly

Karma was definitely out to get me.