• 3 •

We started walking on the sidewalks. The school building wasn't very far away at all, it was about 2 blocks from our house. Kalin was leading the way because my eyes were glued to my phone. I scrolled down my Instagram feed seeing all of my friends with each other. Kalin stopped walking and it caused my to bump into him. I looked up and noticed that he was trying to talk to me.
I took out one of my earbuds and asked, "Oh sorry what were you saying? I wasn't paying attention."

"Yeah I noticed. Anyway as I was saying when school ends you need to meet me in the front of the school," Kalin started walking again. I looked at the time it was 7:30 I still had 30 minutes left. I walked the rest of the distance to school leaving Kalin trailing behind me. The front doors were in clear view.
I thought to myself," Wow this is a giant school!" There were three stories to made up the tan colored building. I entered through on of the black colored doors.

Swarms of people raced across the hallways. I gulped and walked to the main office.
"Um I'm here to pick up my schedule," I said to the lady sitting at the main desk. Her dark brown hair was straightened and pushed out of her face. Few wrinkles appeared on her face. She had gray eyes and dark green glasses. She responded in a kind voice, "What is your grade and last name dear?" She started to go over to s filing cabinet. I saw my brother come into the room from the corner of my eye.

"My last name is Metler and I'm a junior," I said moving over so that Kalin had more space. The lady dug into the cabinet, looking in the 'M' section.
She looked up with two pieces of paper in her hand,"Oh okay so there are two of you! I wasn't just seeing things." She handed both me and Kalin our schedules and we thanked her and walked out of the room. I looked at my schedule.

My first period was all the way on the third floor. So I tried to find the nearest staircase. There were stairs right in front of the main entrance doors, so I walked up those. By the time I got up both flights of stairs I was breathing rater heavily. I paid attention to the room number on the page, it was B325. The room was very empty except for two people sitting together in the middle of the classroom and of course the teacher. I took a seat in the back of the classroom and put my backpack on the floor next to my desk. My phone lit up the front pouch of my bag. It was a text message from my dad telling me to have great first day of school. I smiled slightly and put my phone back where it was before.

More people came in during this time. Finally the bell rang signaling the start of first period. The classroom was full and the teacher got up from his desk and shut the large wooden door. He wrote his name on the chalkboard, Mr. Garcia. Everyone started to calm down. He stood in front of the class with a smile on his face, "Hello everyone! Welcome to Bella-Marie Upper Grades! I'm your history teacher, Mr. Garcia." He carried on with more stuff that I wasn't really listening to. Once he was finished introducing himself he let us 'socialize'. There was a blonde girl sitting in the desk next to mine, She was busy doing something on her phone so I didn't bother trying to talk to her.

I sat in silence while everyone, except for a few, was talking to each other. The blonde girl tapped on my shoulder and it caused my to jump a little in my seat. She laughed ans said, "Oh my God I didn't mean to startle you! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Arielle. What's yours?"
"Oh hi Arielle, I'm Cayla," I said extending a hand out for her to shake. Arielle shook my hand and replied, "Nice to meet you Cayla!" We started talking about random things. I knew that Arielle and I would would definitely become close friends in the future.

____________________________________

A/N Hope you enjoyed this chapter! The pic at the top is of Arielle. X