~ The Housewarming ~

A/N: Hello, dear readers!
Sorry for the late update. I'll try to update more often from now on!

This is the first of the chapters that show us Erik's side of the story and it starts from right before Charles arrives to their shared apartment.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it :)

~~~

Erik loved his new apartment the university was offering him. It wasn't much but it was so much better than the dump he used to live in before. And it wasn't as expensive as his other options. Now it seemed his luck was finally turning around. He even had the feeling that this new apartment was going to be a good thing in his life.

The doorbell rang. "Emma!" he exclaimed when he opened the door.

"Hello, sugar." she exposed her pearl-white teeth. "Surprised?"

"I thought it was my new roommate." he explained

She chuckled.

"Why are you here?" Erik asked.

"Won't you offer me a drink first?" she said, making her way inside the apartment. "I can see you're still moving in. The place is a mess. I could help you unpack."

"I don't remember this being part of your duties." Erik replied.

Emma only smiled again. "I'm not leaving yet so close that door and come sit with me." she made herself comfortable on the sofa and patted the seat next to her.

Erik rolled his eyes but did as she said. It was obvious she came to hang out and celebrate the new apartment. It was like a housewarming party but with just the two of them and not really partying.

"You really need to show more enthusiasm in this, Erik." she moved closer to him

"No one's around. Why would I?" Erik replied

She chuckled "Don't be a meanie. I won't leave you here alone, drinking cheap beer!"

Erik sighed. "I won't be alone for too long. I'm expecting my new roommate. He should arrive here today or tomorrow. You know I suck at socializing." he rolled his eyes "Imagine me with a freaking roommate. I'll scare him to death!"

"Him? You just assume it has to be a guy?" she raised a beautifully shaped eyebrow.

"Statistically, girls prefer other girls to be their roommates." Erik said flatly "So yeah, I suppose that goes in their list of preferences."

Emma shrugged "I'm just saying not all girls are the same."

Erik opened another beer.

"Okay!" she nodded "I can see what's happening. I understand that you're gonna ignore my subtle signs so I'll just say it then! I can be your roommate."

He laughed.

"Oh, shut up! I have enough influence to make them assign me here with you. I can be your roommate! Why not?"

"You? Really? I don't doubt your 'influence' but really, Emma. You can afford so much more that this place!" Erik said, still amused.

She frowned. "My parents can." she corrected him "And what of it anyway? I can still choose to share a place with you."

Erik suddenly did not find it this funny anymore.

"Emma... I think we're such human beings that... require ummm... require to spend time apart from time to time..." he mumbled

"Woah! You're really such a gentleman!" she said with a sarcastic smile

"Emma, I just--"

"Okay! I got it!" she cut him off