Chapter Seven: Painful Memories

"Kristine! How do I levitate?" I ask, wanting to know how, while I slam my hands on the armrests of my throne.

"Um... I don't know. Why?" She asks me, coming over and kneeling on the right side of my throne.

"Just seemed like a good idea. Is that weapon ready yet? I can't wait to see it!" I ask, getting excited over a new weapon.

"No... It isn't dear. But, we have a new hybrid of creatures. We managed to capture a creature from the abyss, and genetically alter it for our needs. It's still unreliable, however." Kristine tells me. I nod slowly, upset that none of my weapons, biological or not, aren't prepared.

"Come with me now, Kristine." I say, standing up. She stands up along with me. I start walking out of my castle.

"Dear. I have a few problems. I have nearly thought myself to death. The people I have befriended in the mortal realm of the overworld have given me a dilemma. I wish to spare these few, to give them luxurious lives, but I know they shall defy my rule. I just know it. What do you say about this?" I ask her in a very serious tone.

"I don't know, honey." She answers, wrapping her arm around my neck. I stop walking, and I observe the area. My thoughts are torn between my past life, and my current. Memories of a purple haired woman flash in my mind, giving me a sudden migraine, and a stabbing pain in my chest. I fall to the ground, only to shortly after get back up.

"Clayton! Are you okay?" I hear Kristine shout. I nod, then start walking back to the castle.