Chapter One

Pre diagnosation

For whatever reason, Ingrid tears herself from her bed, ready to face a new day, a day that can go either way, good or bad, dull or bright.

Tragic. Just tragic! She thinks to herself, looking at her wardrobe as she looks for an outfit that will match with her red rose headband, not a lot does or has ever gone with that, except one special outfit that shed promised herself never to wear again, the red dress that shed wore to her mothers wedding. The dress that reminds her of the days she misses and the days she wishes had never happened.

Since Maria, her mother, had passed from the disease that also flows within Ingrid's blood, anything that her mother had owned or liked made her stomach burn up in a painful way. No. Not butterflies, pain.

"Ugh. School." She moans, not willing to go to school, but she's thankful for another day, as always.

It's been hard since that time, September 5th 2014, it's been a whole year now, since she went. But it definately can't be worse than the funeral, or the first mothers day post-passing away.

She takes the dressing gown from the coat hanger on the door, wrapping it around herself and tying it in a neat little bow, trying hard to stay strong, for her dad mainly, she knows the scene that's happening downstairs right this second, it's as if she can hear the tears spilling onto the linoleum floor.

She takes a deep breath before reaching the hallway, the sobs audible enough to make her cringe already, a hard day can be got through in a good way. Although the trauma she has already faced, the stress she's battled, she still somehow manages to wake up every morning... and this morning, will be the hardest.

I have to get through this- I have to. She thinks to herself before entering the kitchen (or swimming pool).

"Oh dad!" She sympathetically cries out as she looks at the horror seen in the kitchen, possibly 30 beer bottles layer out unorderly on the floor, two ashtrays full from a mix of cigarettes and cigars.

He never smokes. She thinks to herself, understanding at the same time, though.

"Ingrid!" He pounces from the seat, a few bottles smashing onto the floor, making them both cringe.

"It's ok, dad." She says, he looks to his feet, somewhat ashamed. The feeling rush to him as his pretty, intelligent daughter stands before him, she should witness this... He says to himself.

"I know what you're feeling dad,"

"I know, honey, but you shouldn't see me like this."

"Dad, you've woke up to me screaming her name in the middle of the night. You've witness me nearly drowning myself in my tears when I soak the pillow. You've seen me at my darkest and my best. You've been there for me... everyday... and I couldn't ask or thank you for more."

Tears begin to well up again, the emotion is unbearable, the pain, the stress and the loss of the one woman they cherished.

"Except one thing," She says as she places an arm on his shoulder, "let me be there for and help you?"

He wraps his arms around her as he holds her tighter and holds her tight as his head presses alongside her collarbone.

"I love you dad."

"I love you more, and I always will, no matter what gets in the way."

A smile stretches along her face, he'd never said that before... or since. He'd always thought that love was for the one, clearly his mind has changed in point of view.

"I really do, Ingrid." He adds before letting go and placing a soft kiss on her forehead.