The Sand Boy: Part 20

"I WON'T WEAR THAT, DAMN IT!" I was shouting from the top of my lungs at Temari, who had pinned me against a fence and was trying to wrap a Suna headband to me. Kankuro was just rolling his eyes at us, seeing as I was throwing a childish tantrum and Temari looked like a psychotic lady attacking me.

"YOU HAVE TO WEAR IT! YOU ARE ONE OF US NOW!"

"NO I'M NOT! I WILL NEVER BE LIKE YOU GUYS!"

"I WISH THAT WERE TRUE! NOW PUT IT ON!"

"NO! BACK OFF, TEMA!"

"Ladies, ladies, calm yourselves. You're both ugly as fuck." After seeing we were not going to figure the situation out on our own, Kankuro finally decided to step in. Of course, he took the opportunity to insult us. "Let's handle this correctly. Kasai, you need to wear the headband. Even if you don't want to be, you are a Sunagakure Shinobi. Temari, don't be so rough with the girl. Baki said we have to keep her safe."

"But brother, we don't even like her!" The blonde screeched at Kankuro while waving her hands around frantically. Neither noticed when I wrapped the band around my cloth-covered neck.

The two continued their debate while I stood there awkwardly. I decided it would be best not to have any input into the conversation seeing as I would probably make Temari more furious. However, movement in the corner of my eye caught my attention.

There was a girl with bright pink hair yelling and punching a boy in an incredibly ugly orange jumpsuit. A group of small children was gathered around the fallen boy that I believed angered the annoying girl.

"Wait, I know them! The girl is the crazy fangirl, Sakura, and the boy is Naruto, the fox kid! I was supposed to go on a mission to grade their sensei! Maybe I should say hi..." My hand raised a bit in an attempt to wave at the group, but Temari slapped it down.

"These people are no longer your friends. Besides, we need to watch Kankuro."

"Huh?" I swiveled my head around to see her brother holding one of the younger kids up in the air. "Uh oh..."

"That hurt, brat." The paint fool had his eyes closed as he threatened the little kid named Konohamaru, which I learned after Naruto shouted his name.

"Stop it, we're going to get yelled at later..." I saw Temari glancing around cautiously, as if to make sure no one was around. My attention was pulled back by Sakura.

"Kasai...?" She sounded so weak. I wanted to talk to them, but the argument from earlier was stuck in my head. The siblings were right; I was one of them. She saw the look on my face and noticed the band tied loosely around my neck, for it shone with brilliance. "I'm sorry, I was joking around... But is that really you, Kasai? I thought you were-"

"HEY THERE, PUT HIM DOWN YOU STUPID JERK! BELIEVE IT!" The obnoxious boy yelled at Kankuro with fire in his eyes, but he ignored the leaf genin. It seemed the fox boy had not noticed me yet.

After a small but loud laugh, Kankuro told Temari, "Oh relax, I want to play around before he comes here. Kasai, you wanna help me?" I shook my head and growled. The puppeteer was being more of a douche than normal.

"Gaara... I hadn't realized he wasn't here? When did he leave? Probably when Baki ditched us to go to the hotel."

"Kankuro, he's the Hokage's grandson. Pick and choose your fights carefully." I seethed through clenched teeth. It had taken me some time to recognize the little boy, but that scarf was iconic to Konoha's streets. I had seem him dashing through market stalls all the time, trying to escape his stupid teacher.