Chapter 8

I saw darkness. I couldn't see anything. I blinked and everything changed. I was standing in a field wearing a red free that went to my knees with sparkly red flats. My hair fell to my shoulders. I looked around and saw a mirror. I looked at myself and saw me but a younger version of me. It was Christmas and I was about seven years old. I had gotten a book on how terrible vampires are. Yet here I am. A "companion" to the prince of vampires. My father would tell me stories about how they killed the innocent. The younger me smiled at the book. At the time I loved to read. I lost interest when I had to find food so I had no time to read anything. I barely have time to read the newspaper everyday. I blinked once more and in the mirror was me now. But I looked different. My skin was pale and my body was fuller and my hair was full and thick. Then came Cole and blood. The dress I wore was covered in blood. The mirror version of me gave me a smile with fangs in her mouth. This is all wrong. In the future I wouldn't turn into a vampire. I don't want to be a monster. I can't believe I would make this decision.

"Isabel. You have a choice to make. You don't have to become a monster. You can stay human and die knowing you that lived a happy life with the man you love", mirror me said.

I thought about what I'd been told and took a deep breath.

"This is not real!", I shouted.

Everything disappeared and I was being pulled out my dream. I felt a bed and some covers. I must be in Cole's bed. I opened my eyes and saw Cole's green eyes looking into mine. He gave me a small smile and stroked my forehead. The way he was looking at me was calming.

"How do you feel?", he asked.

"The room is spinning and my head hurts", I replied.

" It's okay. Your safe now", he said.

"Where am I?", I asked.

"The emergency room. They took so much blood that I couldn't heal you myself", he replied.

"Why did they try and kill me?", I asked.

"Cause my sister was mad that you and I are close", he replied.

"Who were those guys with Sarah?", I asked.

"Just some random villagers", he replied.

"How come you didn't take me with you?", I asked.

"That's not important right now. You need to get some rest. The doctor said you can come home tomorrow", he replied.

"Will you stay with me?", I asked.

"I wasn't going to leave you", he replied.

He got in the bed next to me and pulled the cover over him. He played with my hair and I moved closer to him. He gave me a kiss on my forehead and pulled him down to my face. Our lips soon met and it turned into a passionate kiss. I felt his fangs pierce my bottom lip and I tasted my blood in my mouth. When his fangs left my mouth, I tasted his blood in my mouth. He must be trying to heal me. I swallowed every bit of it and soon I pulled away and closed my eyes.

"I won't let anything happen to you. Ever", he whispered in my ear.