Just A Werewolf's Mate (Family Secret)

Summary

17 year old Theodore Jensen's life changes dramatically when his aunt that he lives with suddenly dies, and he is forced as a minor to live with his father. The father he never even once met or even knew existed. And just to make it all worse, he has a family. A big family.

So now Theo is forced to live with them, and how is someone who is used to be alone gonna fit in, in this big family?

Drag in a family secret, strange howls and a hot creepy dude who can't stop stare at him and the question is still, why does the creepy hot dude keep calling him mate? Is he Australien or what?

He has one year until he can move out, will he make it?

Prologue

I heard as a car parked outside, surely my aunt's and flew out of my seat on the couch and got to the door, almost jumping in excitement to tell her the news! With the paper in my hand, I stared expectedly at the door as I tapped my foot in a way that showed my none-existing patience.

But instead of the familiar light steps on the porch, heavier once made their way closer and then the doorbell rang. Confusion soured through my veins as my hand reached the handle. We never got unannounced visitors.

I opened the door.

I smiled, but it quickly strained until it died down as I saw the ones standing on the porch, not really meeting my eyes.

Two cops....

"Can I help you?" I asked the closest one, confused. He didn't answer immediately, and that's when I saw it. The pity in his and the other cop's eyes.

So when he finally answered, I already knew what it was about. "Are you Theodore Jensen?"

I didn't even need to nod before he continued. "I'm sorry to inform you that your aunt has passed away in a car crash that occurred this morning."

He waited for me to answer, to say something, but I didn't. I just stood there, a blank look covering my face as something inside me broke.

My mouth was slightly open as I proceed what just had happened and my grip on the paper loosened a little. I didn't realize I'd been backing away until I was halfway to the stairs and he started calling my name, taking a step closer. Rapidly I turned around and fled. Two leaps and I was upstairs, ignoring the shuffling noise that followed me.

My senses dulled as I walked passed her room to reach my own and memories tried to make their way to the front of my mind. I pushed them away but their trace left a sharp pain, making me stumble into the room, dropping the paper as I went.

I locked my door and sat down on my bed, putting my head in my hands, holding it up. Everything hurt and felt empty in a way it hadn't for years now.

I want to cry so badly, but not a single tear rolled down my cheek as the relation of that the only one I ever truly cared about was gone forever.

I woke up some time later, hoping it all was a dream. But of course that wasn't it.

The floor was cold as I sat up and put my feet down, but it was soon forgotten as I spotted the now wrinkled paper. Easily I slid onto the floor and grabbed it. I looked it over, my face turning hateful as I destroyed it. Ripping it to thin piece before putting it in the trash box.

After, I sat in the corner of the room. Curling up to a ball, trying to keep the world out.

But in the trash box, you could still see a little piece of the A I'd got on the physics test, the one thing I was really bad at and the one thing my aunt helped me get an A on. Even if I was a lost case.

I had dreamed of seeing that proud look on her face, and now....I'll never see it again....

I hit the trash box over, so I would not see the paper and curled myself to a ball and put my forehead against knees. She was gone and would never come back. Ever. I am alone again. And maybe this time it would stay that way, forever.

15/03/2017