1. Just A Storm

The rain poured down the window as I saw a flash of light go over the sky. 1, 2, 3, 4 - I counted as a loud thunder was heard to match. I sighed as I rested my forehead on the cold window of the car that I had been sitting in for the last 8 hours, dead tired with no way to fall asleep.

I could see in the corner of my eye how the driver, Anders, glanced at me now and then but I just ignored it, pulling the bag with my stuff in it closer, taking out my phone and headphones.

I plugged them in and put on Spotify, choosing the list furthest up before clicking Shuffle play, making a random song start to play and the lyrics filled my ears, successfully cutting the sound of the weather off.

It's all the same, only the names will change
Every day, it seems like we're wastin' away
Another place where the faces are so cold
I drive all night just to get back home

It had been a month since that day that the police came to my door, and I had mostly gotten over it. Another lie. I would never really 'get over it' she'd been my aunt and the only family I've ever known that I knew and had grown to care about deeply.

I wasn't as sad anymore, but I'd be lying if I said it hadn't affected me badly.

But what I couldn't wrap my head around was the part where a lawyer had arrived at my doorstep and told me that I couldn't possibly live on my own and would be living with my father at least until I was 18, at least. And I have never even met him. Not even once. For all I know he could have been dead.

It took a month for me to be on my way, as they both had problems with finding him as he apparently lived very far away and then the whole contacting thing.

They later found this Anders, one of my father's friends. He had been on a trip and had made an extra stop to come and get me, which had been a very tense and awkward affair to say the least.

So now I would live with 'my father' and his family (which I guess he had), for a whole year....

The only thing that had turned out good was that I now could leave that goddamn house. It hurt to be reminded of her and all of our good memories all the time, and I hoped that my nightmares would decrease now, if only for a few minutes...

I sighed again and hit my head against the back of the seat. I didn't even get any information. Just that he lived in a little town named SilverMoon hills and had since forever. They weren't sure if he had a family, and I could ask Anders, I guess. But I would find out sooner or later anyway.

I don't even want to live with him! Who would want to live with someone who never was in your life and had left us? My mom died when she gave birth to me, and I was left to live with my grandma (who hated me), and then the last few years - with my aunt, Ginny.

So why in hell would I want to live with him?!

But I can't help but wonder what he would be like...

I took a quick glance at the two pictures inside of my necklace. Maybe staring a little extra at the male in one of the sides, before closing it and putting it back at its hidden place inside of my tee.

Still holding onto it through the thin red fabric I closed my eyes and drowned in the music once again, completely missing out on the sign saying, 'SILVERMOON HILLS 3 MILES AHEAD' the town that held my faith.

Take me down to the paradise city
Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Take me home (oh won't you please take me home)
Take me down to the paradise city
Where the grass is green...

Mark

The car pulled up beside me and Anders gave me a smirk and a wave as he turned it off and stepped out. He stretched after a long time sitting, before his expression turned serious and he cast a quick look at the backseat. I tensed, and my heart started beating rapidly.