Chapter 16- Leave Me Be

(You know the drill. This '*' means POV change.)

"Phil's here. He wants to see you." Jasmine quietly says as she walks inside my room, checking my machines.

She places down some tablets next to a glass of water that's placed on my bedside table, "This should help your headache and any soreness." She informs but I just don't pay attention to the tablets, barely paying any attention to her as well.

She continues to talk to me which is basically talking to herself as I haven't been talking much lately, "Do you want him to come in? He really wants to see you." She keeps going, "Come on Dan."

"No matter what I do, it'll hurt him and me. I don't want to be hurt and most of all, I don't want him to be hurt. He doesn't deserve to be hurt." I finally sit up and whisper. I grip at the duvet as tears fill my eyes. I'm so weak and pathetic. I don't even deserve Phil.

Jasmine loudly sighs and sits on a chair that's next to my bed, "You're hurting him by not letting him talk to you. You don't even realize what state he's in." She calmly yet firmly explains, not breaking eye contact.

"I know Jai, but I don't want to see him. He would be so much better without me. I'm just a rock that's dragging him down from doing what he really wants to do..."

"Then tell that to his face and stop torturing the poor boy!" She exclaims and throws her arms up in the air in disbelief at me.

I let out a loud whine. She doesn't understand how hard it will be for me to tell this to his face. It's almost impossible to tell Phil bad news because his mood completely flips. He'll go from happy to full on sulking, but I guess Jasmine has a point. I should just rip the band-aid off and get this over with.

"It's not like he'll listen to me." I say, trying to reason with Jasmine.

"Then it shows that what you think is wrong." She flicks my temple in annoyance.

"He's coming in here right now and you can't do anything about it. He doesn't deserve to be treated this way and you've been getting worse lately without him."

She's right. It's been about 4 days since I've last seen Phil and it's honestly taking a toll on me. I've been refusing to eat. I've been refusing to take my tablets, resulting in the doctors forcing me to take them as Jasmine doesn't have the heart to pin me down.

I wrap the duvet over my body that has become weaker and thinner. Almost brittle. My collarbones protrude out more than usual and my hip bones stick out with ease. My wrists are also quite bony and my fingers have become thin. My face is now slimmer, my eyes hollow. They've lost any form of spark that I used to obtain. At least alcohol used to give me a spark when I was tipsy, but they don't supply that here. I have no more spark. I want a spark.

Phil's not going to be happy with me. I know that for a fact. He's going to be sad and disappointed. I'm the one who's going to make him that way. How dare I do that to someone like Phil? This is why he shouldn't come here. I'm no good for him.

Footsteps approach the door and they're slow. Almost like they're stalling...maybe scared. I know it's Phil by how they sound. Yes, I've memorized the sound of Phil's steps.

The door opens and I wrap the duvet tighter over me, making sure to cover up every inch of my body from the neck down. I look like a scared child. I guess I technically am a scared child. Phil stands in the doorway, posture hunched but his face lights up as his eyes fall upon me.

Phil instantly drops is school bag after closing the door shut and sprints over to me. He wraps his strong arms around me. His arms can now completely wrap around me with ease due to my extreme loss of weight.