Chapter 1

My mom always told me tales of the stars, legends that never failed to capture me more. Something about the stars called for me, I can watch them for hours and never get bored. Secrets that lie beyond the shimmering lights of the night diamonds, and the only way to uncover them is to keep your eyes wide open...

"Head to Earth Gabriel!" said Natalie, My best friend for as long as I can remember.

"Did you say something? I Said

"God, will you stop daydreaming? I was telling you, How about I call Brandon and set up a double date?"

"Absolutely Not! You know I'm not into dating and specially not Brandon, he's a show off prick!" I Shrugged

"C'mon you have to give the guy a chance, he's a hottie and he has eyes for you, I mean it's not every day that someone likes you"

"I know but I just can't okay?"

"Gabriel for how long will you keep your walls so high? No one knows you as much as I do, no one will ever will if you don't get your walls down"

"I don't want anyone else in my life anyway"

"That's it I'm done playing nice, tomorrow's your birthday and you're partying with me at the ice club down the road, like it or not, I'll be there at 7"

The walk home was tiring, not that I hate walking, but I was full of thought. Natalie is so persistent when she has anything in mind, I'm not the party animal she claims to be, the fact that I got my head in the clouds pushes people away. I mean who would befriend a girl that prefers being on her own than having company with the populars?

I reached home feeling down as I had no excuse to turn Natalie's offer down, which means I had to go under her rules. Well, it couldn't be that bad, right?