Chapter Two

"Y-yeah I'm new." Peridot said in a quieter voice than intended.

"Ah, then you wouldn't know the rules around here." She smirked, lifting up a struggling Peridot from under her arms.

"Hey! Let go of me!" Yelled Peridot, wriggling in the buff teenager's grasp.

"You look like a green bean." She observed.

"Leave her alone, Jasper!"

Both froze and turned their heads. Lazuli had just come out of the bathroom, flannel not even buttoned. She must have been in a hurry to get out there.

"Oh! Lapis." Jasper said, her smile so fake it might have been plastic. "How are you?"

Jasper's yellow eyes wandered to Lazuli's chest, the unbuttoned flannel exposing her tank top that also happened to expose skin.

Lazuli made a noise of disgust and quickly buttoned the flannel.

"I said, leave her alone."

Jasper grimaced and turned her attention back to Peridot.

"Listen, runt, you stay away from Lapis." She snarled lowly, before dropping Peridot back on the ground.

Peridot dropped to her feet and stumbled, nearly falling over before Lazuli caught her.

Peridot felt her heart beating faster than usual and rage was bubbling in her stomach, and she had a feeling it wasn't because Jasper had almost crushed her.

After deeming it safe, she flipped off Jasper's back as she walked down the hallway.

"What a clod." She grumbled, crossing her arms.

"No kidding. But we ought to get back to class."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peridot looked down at her schedule. Technology. Peridot had always been good with technology, maybe this class wouldn't urn out too bad.

She was very wrong.

"Class, this is Peridot. She's new. Anything you wanna say?"

Peridot's eyes swept across the classroom, no one here was familiar. At least that meant Jasper wouldn't be in this class.

"Hello." Peridot said, waving her hand at the class. She stood still after, she didn't have anything to say, and the class started at the socially awkward asshole who they had yet to see the asshole side of.

"Um... alright then. Why don't you sit by Pearl?" Said the teacher, pointing at an empty desk next to a teen with hair that could arguably be either pink or orange.

Peridot shuffled over to the desk, plopping down her binder for the class and sitting.

She quickly discovered why the seat next to Pearl was empty.

"Hi, I'm Pearl." She said with a smile, offering her hand.

"I know." Mumbled Peridot, pulling out her notebook.

Pearl frowned, rejected, and dropped her hand.

"So, why'd you take this class?" She asked, trying to start conversation.

"I'm good at it. Better than you, probably." Peridot said, just for the sake of being rude.

Pearl scoffed.

"Well, excuse me for trying to start conversation."

"We're not supposed to be having conversations, we're supposed to be paying attention." Peridot retorted.