Chapter 9

HARRYS POV***

Avery pushed past us and went to the car.

"Are you sure there's nothing you can do about it?" I whispered.

"She's old. Even if we tried she would be suffering the whole time," he said reading his clipboard.

"Fuck," I punched the wall. "Alright thanks anyways."

"My pleasure."

                   I ran out to the car and she was just sitting in it. I turned it on and drove back home. I peeked over a couple of times but the whole ride was silent, she didn't even cry.One we got home she ran upstairs.

"Don't lock th-" she closed the door right on my face. "Door," I finished. "Hey!" No Harry don't yell.

                   I reached up on top since there was a key to get in and when I unlocked it she started blasting music. I think it was "Like Im Gonna Loose You" By Meghan Trainor ft John Legend. I heard noises so I walked in and her body was shaking

"Ave," I softly said.

"She's gone Harry," her voice cracked.

"No no," I shook my head coming closer to her.

"I just want to wake up and this be all a dream!" Tears started to form in her eyes.

"It's okay to cry you know," I whispered and she gripped onto my shirt and started to sob. "Shh I got you Ave, I got you," I rubbed her back.

"She was my best friend."

"I know," I nodded. I was about to pull away but she wouldn't let me.

"Please don't leave," she whispered.

"I'm not going anywhere," I kissed her forehead.

"I'm skipping school tomorrow," She whimpered.

"I'll skip too to make sure you're okay."

"Thank you," she started shaking and panting.

"Ave breathe," I held her hand and rubbed circles on them with my thumb. Her breathing slowed down a little bit and she was relaxed "Want me to make you tea?"

"Okay," I let go of her and brought her downstairs.

"Sit down," I ordered and she followed.

I made my famous amazing tea and looked at her.

"Drink it," she nodded and took a sip. "Good," I whispered and went over to the couch.

"I need to call my dad."

"You're tired I'll call him. Go upstairs and try to get some rest," she nodded and went up.

I took out my phone and dialed my moms number.

"Sweetie?"

"Mom it's about Jessie," there was a pause on the phone.

"Harry?" Her dad asked.

"Yeah look Jessie passed away today."

"Oh God. How's Avery? Is she okay?"

"She's been better."

"Does she want us to come home?"

"No she actually wants you guys to stay another week," I needed to learn more about her and it's hard if our parents are gonna be in our way.

"But were already coming back in 3 weeks?"

"She said to make in 4 weeks."

"Okay I guess we can do that," there was a confused tone in his voice but he soon got over it. "Will you take care of her?"

"Of course I will," I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"Thanks."

"No problem. I should go and check up on her though."

"Okay."

"Have a nice night."

"Yeah you too."

I hung up and peeked my head into her room. She was standing up and holding a picture.

"My dad took this picture a few years ago," she said then turned around so she could face me.

"You looked so happy," I smiled.

"Yeah I was," she whispered.

"I need you to go to sleep okay?"

"Bu-"

"No. Come on Ave just try okay?" She sighed but nodded. I opened the covers "Get in," she slipped into them and I tucked her in "See?"

"Goodnight," she mumbled trying to open her eyes but failed.

"Goodnight," I smiled and went over to my room.

I'm home alone, wanna come over?
-Tiffany

I can't babe
-Harry

Is this even Harry?
-Tiffany

Yes
-Harry

Well that's the first. If you ever change your mind just text me (;
-Tiffany

Okay bye
-Harry

"JESSIE LOOK OUT!" I heard a scream. I got up and went to Avery's room

"Ave wake up" I whispered shaking her. Her eyes opened and she pulled me onto the bed

"You said you wouldn't leave me," she put her head on my chest. My face softened at her words and action.

"I'm here now okay?" She nodded. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her closer.