-9-

"What are we going to do with the girl?" A voice outside my prison door asked.

"We can't threaten to kill her for money, her village is in ashes. Also no one will care about a silly village girl, it's not like we can waltz up to the palace and say we have her and want some money." A second voice said.

"Gentlemen, gentlemen," a third lower voice cooed, "let's have a bit of fun with her."

My breath hitches when the man said that. What could he possibly mean by that?

"Oh yeah Stevens? What kind of fun?" The first voice asked. A deep chuckle sent chills down my spine.

"Who say's she needs two eyes to see?" The third voice suggested. My eyes widened and my heart rate picked up. I have to get out of here and find my family! That's if they're still alive though...

I yanked on my shackles furiously. I could tell they were cutting into my skin but I pulled harder still. I heard the bandits leave the door.

"Come on you stupid chains..." I murmured to myself, still pulling hard on the shackles. Suddenly footsteps came back and the handle on the door began to jiggle. Paralyzed with fear I watched three men appear in the doorway. The bandit in the middle was carrying a red hot metal pike.

"Hello darling." The bandit in the middle stated. He was the owner of the lower voice. I scowled at them and turned my face away from them.

"Aww don't be that way my love." The bandit in the middle cooed.

"Don't call me that! I'm not 'Your Love'!" I retorted with poison dripping from my words.

Smack!

A small yelp escaped my lips as I felt a hand slammed across my face. There was definitely going to be at least a red mark if not a bruise. I fought back tears, I cannot let them see me cry!

"You might want to watch your tongue more carefully." The bandit in the middle stated. I looked up at him and shot him the coldest glare I could muster.

"And you might want to go to hell." I said through clenched teeth.

Smack! Smack!

I groaned as he hit me again two times, both twice as hard as the last one. He snapped his fingers and the two other bandits grabbed me and forced my right eye open.

"Let's get this over with before I bruise up your pretty face too much." He stated. He took the pike, which was still glowing a faint red, and plunged it in my eye.

~ ~ ~

I awoke with a startled jolt, I was gasping for breath. I tried to sit up but something was holding me down. Panicking I looked around but it was so dark. Were my eyes even open? And why did my mouth feel so crowded? The fucks going on?! I tried to get out of whatever was around my waist but it just tightened, crushing me into something else. I started thrashing even more.

"What the hell, are you ok?" Someone asked. I screamed and the thing detached itself from my waist. I fell off something and landed with a thud. I groaned and something wrapped itself around me once more then lifted me up into the thing I fell off of, which I guessed was a bed.

"Are you ok?" The voice asked again. It sounded familiar and I felt drawn to it in a way but I still tried to get away. Suddenly I was able to see again and I looked over to see Kai, the Bowman, looking down on me. His eyes were laced with worry. I pushed him away more harshly this time and looked around the room. It was simple only a door and the bed by the looks of it. It was lit by a torch and seemed to be made of rock.