Chapter II

It's been a few days since Dave and I last saw each other. Is it pathetic to say that I really, really miss him? I don't know. I'll be seeing him tonight anyways.

Shit! I'm seeing him tonight!

I rush to the shower, then to my room. I already had my outfit picked out: a short black dress with a cobalt blue buckle and a flowy bottom. The straps are almost thick enough to cover my shoulders, but they don't. I slip on some dark pantyhose and my black heels, then decorate a bit with a cerulean shawl, some silver hoop earrings, and a black clip-on rose I clip on my hair when I put it up.

I look in the mirror and take a few deep breaths, calming myself down. I pose a bit, giggling at how goofy I look when I do so.

After waiting for about ten more minutes, and putting on a bit of make-up, I hear a knock on the door. I open it up shyly and smile as Dave enters.

"Good evening, my lady." He bows dramatically and I laugh. "May I have the honor of escorting you to your ride?"

He's so smooth. "Certainly, sir." I offer him my arm and we head out to the car.

I really can't help but look at him the entire way to the restaurant. He just looks so amazing. He's wearing a white suit, white pants, black dress shoes, and a red tie. The suit compliments his shape very nicely.

Dave's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "You look hot tonight, Harley," he chuckles with a grin. "Who else are you meeting there?"

Goddamnit. I feel the blood rush to my face and try to act casual. "N-nobody. You're the only one."

"Aren't I lucky?" That's the last thing either of us say for the remainder of the ride. It's quite a bit awkward.

We eat dinner, making casual small talk and just goofing around. When the waiter comes by and asks if we'd like dessert, however, Dave says something that makes me do more than just blush: "I have my dessert right here."