Sherlock ruins another date

John Stormed into the house, slamming the door of 221B.

He was furious.

"SHERLOCK!"

He shouted the sociopath's name walking up the stairs angrily, and unsurprisingly he found his culprit sitting in the chair, relaxed and seemingly unfazed by the dramatic entrance.

"Evening John, back early from your date it seems?"

The old doctor was now breathing heavily, his eyes fixated on the pale, smug face.

"You Bastard! I know it was you! It was bloody obvious the moment the so called 'woman' picked Cassandra!"

"Now now, I have no pretence of what you are muttering about-"

"Don't give me that! You made her cry for God's sake! You honestly think that someone would know all that personal information about me and share it to her?! You're twisted!"

John was speechless; there was no sign that the detective was going to reveal anything. He starts pacing up and down the living room and sighed.

"Every time, every time I manage to get a date and SOMEHOW they all go wrong...yes Sherlock, it's a mystery"

Sherlock could see the pain in John's face now, close to the brink of tears. He was never good at dealing with emotions, so he kept quiet.

"She'll never talk to me again, we went out for 2 hours and now she knows every sordid detail"

John gulped, reminded of the things shared with the audience. There was silence for a moment, then he heard an indignant voice.

"Then just...stay at home. It is obviously a sign-"

"yes- from YOU!" he was angry again, almost screaming. "Do you ever think of anyone but yourself? Do you even comprehend what you do when you do it? It amazes me that you are SO bored that you are adamant on SABOTAGING any sort of social life I have outside of you, do you ever-"

"OF COURSE I DO YOU IDIOT! Can't you see?!" Sherlock leapt out of his chair, outraged by John's accusation.

"Why do you think I do it? Because of YOU! Every day, extraordinary, excruciating memories of you take over my mind, YOU. You insist on going off and leaving me alone and you don't even think about how I cope! I've spent months scrutinizing you, analysing all your words and actions because that is the only thing that satisfies me, and I am petrified of not knowing what will happen if I am no longer able to fill my life with YOU!"

Silence. The look on John's face said it all. Sherlock sank back into his chair and clasped his hands over his face, tears forming.

After a moment, John finally managed to regain himself.

"But-wh...You're..."

The detective stood back up again, and looked straight into John's eyes.

"You are the only person in my existence that has ever put up with me for this long, and I am eternally grateful"

And with that he leaned in, firmly pressing his lips against John's. They were both taken, and John stroked his hand through his raven hair as he wrapped his arms around John's waist, pulling him tighter. When they parted, John looked into the stone grey eyes of his companion.

"Sherlock?"

"Yes?"

"You're still a Bastard"

"You love it really" Sherlock whispered with a smile, kissing John once more.