The survival test

It was 5 am in the morning. Team seven met at the training ground. Sakura was grumbling about not getting enough time to dry her hair... Naruto looked like he was sleepwalking... Sasuke had a stiff expression... Yurika on the other hand looked just as ever. Naruto brightened up after seeing Yurika. Unlike others, she neither hated nor pitied him. He felt comfortable in her presence, knowing that she would never judge him... He wondered if she was a morning person...maybe that is why she had no problem coming so early. 

" Good morning, Yurika-chan! You don't look sleepy at all,believe it!" 

" Of course. I don't really sleep at night...since I don't feel sleepy at all..."

Sakura turned to look at her female companion with wide eyes. 

Yurika suffered from Insomnia? Cha! How does she not have dark circles under her eyes?

Susuke simply 'Hn-ed' and ignored her. Naruto, however, was looking at her with awe in his eyes. Kakashi-sensei finally came...

"You're late!"

Naruto and Sakura's synchronization during these times was truly impressive... Sensei was late...four hours late...

" Very well...let's begin with  the test. I have three bells here. The objective is to obtain a bell. The ones who manage to take it before noon passes. Those who fail will be sent back to the academy. You can do absolutely anything to get it from me. Remember...you have no chance of winning if you don't go all out on me. And the time starts...NOW!"

Naruto made quite a record of being beaten. He had his own kunai pointed at the back of his neck, became the recipient of 'secret finger jutsu,thousand years of death... a rather embarrassing thing which was not a jutsu,dangled from the rope twice and even got beaten to a pulp by his own shadow clones...

Sakura tried to escape but fell under Kakashi-sensei's genjutsu which made her see an illusion of Sasuke who was about to die. She finally snapped out of it...but when she saw the real Sasuke buried neck deep in the ground,she misunderstood that his head had been decapacitated and she...well...screamed so loudly that she scared off the birds sitting on the nearby trees...

Sasuke did relatively better...he engaged in a direct confrontation with sensei but used Kunais linked together to a great advantage and Uchiha clan speciality,fireball jutsu...he almost touched the bells...but was buried neck deep in the ground when sensei used an earth style jutsu. He asked Sakura to help him out but she freaked out at his condition(after effects of sensei's genjutsu) and ran away. He saw Yurika perched on a tree...

"Get me out of here."

" One condition..."

"What?"

" You will help me find out more about the Kazezawa and Otsutsuki clan. If you do, I will do my best to follow your wishes"

"very well...Now that I am out...I need to focus on getting a bell..."

Yurika nodded and walked away. She walked closer as she saw Kakashi-sensei teasing the now-dangling-from-the-tree Naruto.

" Let's have a battle sensei..."

Kakashi turned to face her. She took out a few senbons and hurled them at him. He stepped back into the nearest open ground. His eyes widened when he saw Yurika smile a little...

He quickly moved to the open ground...

"Katsu!"

To his surprise, the ground below him exploded...he moved to his right. This triggered another explosion. He decided not to move around and trigger more explosions. He activated his sharingan to see through the smoke. Yurika attacked him head on, her sharingan activated as well. They were both using their sharingans to dodge the explosive tags buried in the ground.

" Sasuke, Now!"

He had been distracted by the fact that Yurika too possessed the sharingan. He leapt at Sasuke but was intercepted by an incoming Kunai which had been throuwn by a certain pink haired ninja...

Then a lot of Sasukes suddenly appeared and held Kakashi in place... Kakashi noticed that all these Sasukes had a scratch on their cheeks...he had scratched Naruto's cheek. The real Sasuke quickly took advantage of Kakashi's distraction and grabbed all the bells...

Kakashi chuckled. Yurika explained how she had set up the exploding tags when he was fighting with Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. She explained the plan to them when she helped them out. It was easy to manipulate them...  She convinced Naruto by telling him that a Hokage would save his comrades. Sakura was willing to do anything to save 'her' Sasuke... Sasuke was driven by the urge to get a bell for himseelf. She convinced him that he was using others for his purpose...

" The test is over... But if you don't correctly answer what the aim of this test was...then you guys would still be considered to have failed..."

" We made it because we are a team. None of us is better than all of us... SO the answer is teamwork,believe it!" 

Sakura smiled. She seemed surprised to have heard something intelligent from him for once... Sasuke tried to conceal a grin but failed miserably. Sakura had hearts in her eyes when she saw this side of Sasuke. Yurika simply looked at Sasuke...

" Don't forget the deal..."

Sasuke nodded... Kakashi sighed as he watched his overenthusiastic students...

" You all...Pass!"