Prologue

The white beauty of Gondor shined that night, for King Elessar and his beloved Queen Arwen celebrated the beginning of The Fourth Age. The New Moon of Arda had risen and all the men of Rohan and Gondor are happily rejoined. King Éomer and King Elessar walked up in their rich velvet clothing both crowned with expensive jewels. Arwen, Éowyn, Queen Lothiriel {eomer's wife} stood wearing beautiful embroidered gowns and Faramir stood close behind Aragorn.

Two guards, one from Rohirrim and the other from Gondor walked stiffly up to the kings and handed them a pure gold chalice embroidered with gems.
The guards marched down while Aragorn and Éomer stood proudly and raised their cups.

"This night, is the celebration of a new age! A new life!" Éomer said. His voice echoed throughout the halls. "And to that, we shall toast to the great ones from both race of men. Together, we thrive and together build this kingdom into a realm! For Gondor and Rohan!" Aragorn finished the speech with pride.

Everyone, but mainly men, stood side by side holding their own chalice drank it and so did the two kings.

After the the people started talking and enjoying themselves. Aragorn walked outside to the big arch that stood yards away. He stared at the miles of land and starlight across the realm. Everything was so peaceful. So quiet as a light breeze blew east of Gondor. Aragorn remembered the mysterious cloaked ranger he met long before the fellowship, the time when he left Rivendell and traveled as a Northern Ranger.

But that elf traveler was on the king's mind as he thought in his head what he visioned when he met that elf. Aragorn was certain that she was an elleth and half of something else, but never knew anything else besides that and her ranger name; Shadow.

Shadow

Her hood was always up even when it was scorching hot in the wilderness. She had fairly pale skin but was a bit tan. She was slender and tall. Taller than most she-elves even from Lorien or Mirkwood. She'd wear black all the time, and she'd be around the forest a lot. It was only for a couple weeks Strider had ever saw Shadow, as they'd call her, in the wild. Then she left with no trace. Some say she fled to the Misty Mountains or even to Dol Guldur. But he denied that, for elves are too clever to enter The Nazgûl's Grave.

The Southern Rangers claimed to see her only at night and sitting on high branches of trees in the Fangorn Forest.

Either, it was haunting.

Haunting to have such different elf saying to be one of the Rangers. Her eyes would glow beneath her hood when fires went out; and all the other ranger had eerie feelings when they knew she would be close by, although the elleth would just past by and a chilling yet cool breeze flew.

Just then, a raven landed on the ledge of the balcony. Aragorn stared at the black bird for a short time and it stared back at him. Minutes later, the Raven squawked and flew swiftly away. Aragorn had a confused look on his aging face, though this was not a random raven.

                                      This was the Raven of Morgoth.

                            * * * * *

A/N: Yeah, sorry for the prologue, I just wanted a good scene before the actual chapter. Anyways, hope you enjoyed reading the first part and I hope to update soon. *sighs* school did start a month and a half ago so I'm really trying to balance out my education and Wattpad. So, yea, bye and comment, vote and follow!!!