Ⅳ. Dumbstruck

(Aruna and Sumit's look in the pic)

Fawad Khan as Sumit Kapoor

~✾~✾~✾~

Aruna

The following Sunday was arranged for meeting Sumit's family, namely he and his grandma.

"What a tedious work". I muttered to myself as I picked up the Rajasthani pink salwar suit I had chosen though mom thought it was too 'simple'. But to me it looks gorgeous. Anyway, I was least interested in flaunting what my mom called 'feminine beauty'.

Touching up with minimal make up, I looked at my reflection in the mirror.  I looked presentable.

I released a shaky breath.

Yeah, I was nervous. C'mon any girl would get nervous in this situation.

I was told not to come out of my room unless asked to. I loathed myself for agreeing to see that man. Heck, I did not even know what to say to them.

But I had nothing to do now but to oblige. I already felt caged so having nothing better to do at the moment, I chose to text my friend Rashmi.

Me- Hey Rashu, you free?

Soon her reply came. Always free for you babe.

I chuckled. We were besties since high school  and though she was a year younger but that didn't matter to us and apart from my parents she knew all my secrets.

But I hadn't informed her about meeting this Sumit Kapoor.

Rashu I'm in a fix. A guy is coming to see me! I mean 'rishta' wala meeting

After few seconds my cellphone started ringing. It was Rashmi. I groaned, "Oh God now she will try to kill me metamorphically for not telling her".

I rolled my eyes and as I had expected the moment I answered instead of saying 'hello' she said "What the hell! How could you keep this news from me? Why didn't you tell me you bitch...you-"

"Hey..hey...I'm not tying the knot just now...I just agreed to meet him and I was just too busy....". I trailed off warily.

"Okay". She huffed.  "But tell me all about him? How does he look? Handsome? Un-handsome?" She quizzed excitedly. Typical Rashmi.

I rolled my eyes yet again, "Rashu there's no word like 'un-handsome'".

"Yeah, but you got what I mean".

But before I could answer I heard the door bell ring and so I just said, "Hey..will call you later. Looks like they've arrived".

"But-" came her defiant voice from the other end before I ended the call.

My heart started thumping.

Calm down, calm down. You just have to meet him. You don't have to get married.

The more I tried to relax the more I panicked.

I started pacing in my room. I prepared what to say and how to say. I just wanted to get over with this. After what seemed to me like an eternity my mom finally called me. I went outside and when I saw him, for a moment I was dumbstruck.

Woah! In grey suit and a royal blue coloured tie, he seemed to me like those sexy and handsome models in fashion magazines.

Damn! he was sooooo sexy looking. Why didn't I pay attention to the photograph? I asked myself.

Jet black hair, sharp features and those eyes...those brown orbs which were fixed on me. Stop ogling him Aru. I chastised my crazy mind.

But soon my eyes fell on the elderly woman sitting beside him and she too was looking at me or rather scrutinizing me. I quickly gazed down concentrating on the rug with sudden interest.

My dad asked me to sit. I was thankful to him because I was internally shaking and almost thought my legs would give away. I somehow managed to take the seat.

"Hello". His voice snapped me out. His voice was deep and tone polite. I managed to give a smile. Now? What am I expected to do now?

I don't think I can marry him. A business tycoon so hot and sexy. I just can't ruin his life because I still can't bear a mam's touch. I can't give him what he might expect from a wife.

I so hate that man who ruined my life but I can't put my baggage on his shoulders. I need to tell him about my....past,  otherwise I will be doing injustice to him.

Or I could just do something by which they'll refuse me and I wouldn't have to tell him about my past. I smirked in my mind.

✍✍✍✍

P.Sjust imagine blue tie instead of black 

Do you think Aruna should tell all about herself before even knowing about him? Is it right? Should one give way to his/her feelings just going by looks?

Vote. Comment. Fan

Happy reading 📖

Asmita 💜