Thirty Three

"What? Joe you can't come home, you've worked so hard over the years to make sure you wouldn't." Nick urged but Joe shook his head again feeling the tears roll down his cheeks, he couldn't take anymore, he couldn't be alone amore. Joe hesitated to speak again but soon spoke again over the phone to his younger brother.

"I-I can't trust myself not to do something bad Nick, I'm so lonely." Joe begun to choke on his tears leaning his head on the side of the booth.

"What do you mean? Where's Demi?" Joe just begun crying harder at the sound of her name, he wanted to be angry at her but he couldn't.

"If I call you from the airport when I get there will you come meet me?" Joe questioned ignoring his question. Nick sighed nodding his head even though he couldn't see.

"Sure Joe, I'll always be here for you," Nick assured him. "Should I tell mom and dad?"

"No not yet, I need to think a couple of things through but I'm definitely coming to Jersey. I'll get the next plane there. I've saved up enough money." Joe stated. The two brothers talked for a little bit Nick not wanting to but they both hung up Joe taking his change before heading out the phone box. He didn't attempt to stop the tears falling faster down his cheeks, he knew he couldn't.

"There's my superstar!" Richard exclaimed as Demi entered the studio, Demi couldn't help but smile at him as she took a seat opposite him nothing in between them. Demi was writing most of the songs herself but she had people to help out. When she was still at home she would write songs all the time, it was the only thing that would get her through the abuse her father would give her. "How's baby doing?" Demi was surprised they still wanted her while she was pregnant but she would do her best to give her baby what she could as well as Richard and his team.

"I've had morning sickness over night and this morning so I apologise now if I suddenly jump up and rush off." Richard laughed slightly.

"It's fine Demi, how is the song writing going?" He questioned.

"It's going well I think, like I've said I used to write songs myself so I have some experience. I don't know what you would think about them."

"Bring them over next time and I'll have a look at them." He demanded gently Demi nodding her head in agreement. She was looking forward to releasing a album but she didn't think of her doing this for her it was for her son or daughter. To make sure they would live and thrive, then she would go back for Joe so they could be a proper family.

It was late that night when Joe touched down in New Jersey, around eight. He still saw it as his home, where he grew up with his brothers. He didn't want to go home to his parents but he couldn't trust himself to be alone either. He made his way through the airport after giving Nick a phone call telling him to meet him at the pickup zone, he had no idea if his brother could drive but he knew the airport wasn't too far away from where they grew up. Nick approached him about ten minutes later looking just as concerned as he sounded on the phone.

"Hey Joe, how are you?" Nick questioned.

"Alright I guess, did you tell mom and dad?" Joe questioned as the two of them begun walking down the path Nick leading him over to the car where they both climbed in. It had been a while since Joe had been in a car.

"No, are you wanting to go see them?" Nick questioned again Joe hesitating but nodded his head gently turning to his brother.

"I have nowhere else to go and I can't trust myself to be alone on the streets." He admitted Nick sighing slightly before nodding his head. To Nick it just seemed like Joe's hard efforts to get away from their parents had become a waste. They had stopped looking for him now.

---------------------------------------------

Comments please!