Breaking Free

Game Day
Scholastic Decathlon Day
Callback Day
HELP!

Chad, Troy, Jason, and Zeke enter the homeroom. Troy and Chad run around behind Gabriella and Taylor and cover their eyes while Zeke brings over a cake.

"A pi pie."

Troy and Chad remove their hands as Gabriella and Taylor both gasp when they see the cake.

"Oh my goodness!"

"Oh my gosh!"

"Thank you! Oh, we have something for you, too."

"Yeah, come here, look."

They walk over to a marker board that is filled with a large equation and a little diagram of a basketball player about to shoot the ball.

"Oh... it's an equation."

Taylor and Gabriella giggle as they turn the board over to reveal a poster of a large "Wildcat" making a basket with the words "GO! Wildcat Hoopsters" next to it.
As they stand appraising the image, Gabriella and Taylor begin bombarding the Wildcats with plush basketballs. Next Troy, Zeke, and Jason exit the classroom as Chadbrings Ryan and Sharpay over. Miss Darbus arrives in time to see the presentation.

"Stay right there. Watch." Chad said to Sharpay.

"From our team, to yours."

The entire Wildcat team is in a formation in the hallway. Under their windbreakers they each have a letter printed on their shirt

"G - O - D - R - A - M - A - C - L - U - B"

"Well, seems we Wildcats are in for an interesting afternoon." Ms. Darbus said.

GYM

The gym is filled to the brim with spectators as the cheerleaders do a routine. The game is about to commence. In the locker room, Coach Bolton goes to have a word with his son.

"How you feeling?"

"Nervous."

"Yeah, me too. Wish I could suit up and play alongside you."

"Hey, you had your turn".

"You know what I want from you today?"

"The championship."

"Well, that'll come or it won't. What I want is for you to have fun. I know all about the pressure. And probably too much of it has come from me. What I really want is to see my son having the time of his life playing the game we both love. You give me that, and I will sleep with a smile on my face no matter how the score comes out."

"Thanks, Coach.. uh.. Dad."
Coach Bolton gets up and leaves Troy to finish suiting up

SCHOLASTIC DECATHLON

The spectators for the scholastic decathlon take there seats.

"Welcome to the tenth annual Scholastic Decathlon. The East High Wildcats versus the West High Knights."

The crowd applauds as the teammembers go and shake hands.

CALLBACK AUDITIONS

Kelsi opens the piano and practices her song. Sharpay and Ryan are in their dressing room doing their bizarre pre-show ritual.

GYM

"And now introducing your East High Wildcats!"

The Wildcats run onto the court causing the crowd to go wild.

"Let's go! Go!"

"For this championship game between East High and West High!"

The Wildcats throw some baskets for the spectators. Meanwhile the scholastic decathlon starts with Gabriella and her West High opponent writing an equation on their markerboards. The point of which being to see who can finish first.