Chapter 1

"H-how?" Elisha panted.

     "How what?" I responded before taking a drink of water.

     "How are you not dying?" He reiterated. 

     "We have ran that track everyday for two weeks now. The real question is, why are you dying." I berated.

     "Hey-" pant, "everyone else-" pant, "is just as worn out- " pant, "as I am,-" pant, "you're the only-" pant, "weird one." He replied laughing. I flush, slightly embarrassed when I notice everyone on the ground panting.

     "That isn't completely true, look. Reiner is just fine." I defended.

     "Reiner-" pant, "Just might be-" pant, "the largest person-" pant, "I have ever met." He retorted.

     "Well look there is Annie and Mikasa! They're okay too!" I spat out, as I got more flustered.

     "Okay, okay, you win." He finished. He took a large breath, and let it out as he fell on his back.

     "Come on, you might want to head to showers now; if you wait till everyone recovers, you're going to end up at the end of the line." I warned. I reached down offering him a hand up, which he took reluctantly.

     "I know, I know." He mutters, and lets out a groan as he stood up. From there we went separate ways to our respective showers.

     It has been two weeks since we became trainees. To be completely honest, week one was torture. I think my body has caught up to all the work by now. I'm not sure Elisha is there yet though. We finished our end of the day run, we go ten miles. That is five miles into the forest and five miles out of the forest. So much fun right? That was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell.

     We've gotten close to a lot of the other trainees. Especially Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. As it turns out, they're from Shiganshina too. I have also gotten close to Jean and Marco, but Eren and Elisha really don't like Jean. Which I understand, he is a bit cocky. He also pushes certain things a little too far, but most of the time he's super fun. Plus Marco is so sweet, and he only really hangs out with Jean. Everyone likes Marco, the boys just don't like Jean.

     After my shower I went down to the Mess Hall to meet up with everyone. I get my food and sit down at regular place. Which is pretty much always Eren, Armin, Mikasa, and Sasha in that order on one side. Then Elisha, me, Jean, and Marco, also in that order on the other side. 

     Jean didn't start sitting with us at first. He only started a few days ago. I had been inviting him over, but no one else was too keen on the idea. The first time ended with Eren stomping off, and Elisha and Jean in an intense argument. Granted at the time Jean and Elisha were sitting next to each other and directly across from Eren. So I guess it was bound to be a disaster. After that I chose to sit in between Elisha and Jean. It was all for the best really.

     They tried to start something again the next morning, but I stopped it before it went anywhere. Boys, why can't they all be like Marco and Armin. They are so sweet, and never start anything. 

     "Alexis!" I turned to look where a familiar voice called my name. I saw Jean making his way over to the table with Marco close behind. I waved in response, and swallowed my food.

     "Hey Jean, Marco." I responded. They sat down next to me, Jean giving me a friendly nudge in the process. Elisha comes in next followed by Eren, Armin, and Mikasa. And like always, Sasha was last because she tried to go through the line twice. She has failed every time, but she has apparently not given up.

     "This is crazy, like are we going to work this much everyday?" Elisha said in between mouthfuls.

     "What did you expect?" Jean muttered.

     "Okay, I didn't mean it like that. I just mean do we ever get free time, or something like that?" He explains.

     "I'm pretty sure we don't have any time for that, in between classes, 3DMG training, and strength training." Armin cut in.

     "It does suck that the only time we really have to hang out is when we're eating." Eren added.

     "That's true." I agreed.

     "We should do something then, like an event." Sasha said while still chewing her food.

     "When would we find the time for something like that." Marco asked.

     "We should just ask Commander Shadis, there is probably one of these days he plans on ending early." Eren stated offhandedly. Everyone turns to look at Eren, then looks to each other, coming to a silent agreement.

     SLAM!

     Eren got shut out of Commander Shadis' office.

     "What did he say?" Sasha demanded.

     "Yeah! What did he say?" Connie added on. He saw us leaving to Shadis' office, and soon he was in on the plan too. 

     Eren stared awkwardly at the group and scratched the back of his head nervously. "Well, let's just say he wasn't too keen on the idea." 

     "Although it's not really my thing. You guys got me all excited. So we should just do it anyway." I say. All eyes go to me, which isn't all that surprising considering what I just said.

     "What do you mean, do it anyway?" Armin asked.

     "I think I know what you mean." Jean said giving me a nudge in the side.

     "Is this really a good idea?" Marco added.

     "You've been spending to much time with Jean." Elisha sneered.

     "Don't act like you don't want to do it." Connie retorted.

     "Are we doing it or not?" Sasha questioned.

     "I think we should do it." Eren said, and Mikasa agreed with a simple nod of her head.

     "If you say so." Armin sighed with a smile. We all turned to Jean and Marco.

     "Are you kidding me of course I'm in." Jean said pulling me closer with his arm around my neck. I laughed in response and turned to Marco.

     "I mean if everyone wants too, I don't see why not." Marco said smiling. 

     "All that's left is Elisha then!" Connie exclaimed. Causing everyone to turn to Elisha.

     "If we get caught, I had no part in this." He says smiling. Sasha jumped up in excitement.

     "We're gonna have food right?" Sasha asks. We all laugh.