A Seemingly Perfect Life

When I was young, I always thought falling in love was like how it is in fairy tales. You know, the princess is saved by the handsome prince, they kiss, and it's happily ever after. Or how about in movies and books? The good girl falls for the bad boy, he changes his ways for her and again it's happily ever after.

Boy, how wrong was I to believe that junk.

~~~

"Dani, you better get your ass down here!" I hear my oh so nice mother call me.

"One sec!" I put my necklace on and give myself a look down, and decide that it's going to have to do. I walk downstairs to see a bunch of people I have never met before. This doesn't surprise me though. My mother is a business lady, and all of these people are either clients or other important people. You would think that I would be used to this, since I was around it the whole 22 years I've been alive.

"Dani, there you are!" My mother puts on a fake and charming smile. I give a polite smile in return. I hate being at these types of events , but my mother insists that I go.

"Image is everything, dear." She always tells me.

According to her, if I'm seen at these type of events it will make her look good and can help me get ready to take over when she retires.

My father, before he passed away, was the owner of a huge corporation that made millions. When he died, my mother took over. At first, people were surprised that a woman was taking over a company but she does a decent job.

Events like this usually last a few hours, so I head over to the bar to get a drink. I decide on something simple and look over at all the people here.

"Hello, beautiful." I feel his warm breath on my ear and turn around. In front of me is my boyfriend of four years, Chase Adams.

Chase and I met the summer before my senior year. He was about to be a freshman in college, while I finished up my last year in high school. We had talked all year, and after I graduated he asked me to be his girlfriend. We have been together ever since. Sometimes I wonder why he picked me. I'm just a plain Jane. I have medium length dirty blonde hair, grey eyes that I inherited from my father and that occasionally look silver in the right lighting, and I have an average looking body. Not to mention, I am only 5'1".

Chase, however, is the basic definition of a sex god. He has light brown hair that's not short but not long either, and it makes you want to run your fingers through it. His eyes are the most breath-taking shade of blue that I have ever saw in my entire life. He has a perfectly chiseled chin, and tanned skin to perfection. He has a beautiful six-pac that he is proud of, not that I'm complaining. He also stands at 6'2", a whole foot taller than I am. Not only does he look amazing on the outside, he has the best personality. He is so sweet, but tough when he needs to be. He cares about everyone, even people he doesn't like. He's such a hard worker, and he actually has goals. You don't find a guy like that anymore. He's way out of my league, but I'm the lucky girl that caught his eye.

"Babe? Earth to Dani?" He gives me a goofy smile. I give him a sheepish look, embarrassed that I zoned out thinking about how perfect he is. "Zoning out again?"

"I can't help it. This party is boring. Why does my mom need me here?" I ask him, boredom lacing my voice.

"Dani, you know you're going to have to take over in a few years. She just wants you to be prepared." He kisses the side of my head. "Want to get out of here? I doubt she will notice you're gone."

I nod at him and we walk out, hand in hand. It's the time of year in my area where it's chilly, but still sweater weather. I shiver a little bit, and Chase hands me his jacket.

"How was work?" I ask him. Chase works at a hotel company as its tech guy. They're allowing him to work there as he finishes up his last year in college, which is awesome.

"It went smoothly. Someone tried hacking in though, so I had to figure that mess out." He launches into a story about his day as we walk to our small studio apartment. We had enough to buy a house, but seeing as how we live in New York City we decided to stay in the middle of the madness.

"How was your day, princess?" He asks me, taking the jacket off my hands and hanging it up. I go get two mugs out to make each of us hot chocolate.

"It was alright. Mom hounded me on looking perfect for the event, and got mad when I took two seconds longer than what she had given me to get ready. It honestly wasn't an eventful day." I sip my hot cocoa on the couch and check my phone, seeing if my mom texted me. Of course, she hadn't.

"Well, I bet I could make it a lot more interesting right now." He gives me the smirk that could make panties drop in the matter of seconds.

Playing along, I raise my eyebrows. "Oh, yeah? How might you do that?"

He smiles and kisses me, making my knees weak as usual. "Follow me." With that, I follow him into the bedroom where we spend the rest of the night in complete bliss.

I love how perfect my life is.