Please, Heichou

Levi's POV

Sometimes I hated it to be a Corporal. Paperwork over paperwork over paperwork. Fuck those formalities!

Right now I was in my office, bending over the table that was full of papers and reports that needed to be finished due... I don't know... tomorrow?! I sighed, but at the same time I wanted to destroy something to let my anger out, but I couldn't do it. It was my office after all. It would turn out to be a great mess afterwards and I didn't have the time to clean shits right now. Not even Eren would be able to do it. He was already summoned by me to do every shit I didn't want to deal with, including passing the finished papers to the respective persons, taking care of our horses, cleaning mine and his 3DMG, cleaning the headquarter, having to put up with my yells because I was too stressed out to stay calm and finally he even endured it to be treated like shit by me. I didn't mean with that that I beat the shit out of him or something like that. It simply meant that he was still able to do all those chores, though he got to know me in my worst shape.

That brat was indeed persistant, I had to admit that. Maybe I'll grant him a wish for doing a good work. It's not as if I'd be a cold, heartless Corporal.

Someone knocked on my office door and after a second Eren's head slid shyly into the room.

"Umm... Heichou, I... I-I'm done with everything you've asked me for. S-Shall I help you with the rest of the reports, sir?" He asked very cautiously, accompanied by a nervous looking face.

It often happened that he would be nervous whenever I was around him. He would always keep his head lowered and stutter sometimes, but I didn't know when all that began. I didn't remember that he was like that from the beggining. No... This change happened later. What could it be that made him like that?

"You don't have to help me amymore. That's all for you today, Eren. You are dismissed." Surprisingly I answered rather calmly. It seemed that the brat distracted me from all the stress I had for the meantime. Unfortunately, this wouldn't last for long.

"Understood. Good work. I'm leaving now, Heichou." He was about to leave, but somehow a feeling inside me was telling me to know more about his uneasiness. I was concerned about him, he was under my charge after all.

"Wait, Eren." The brunet stopped right away and turned around.

"What is it, Heichou?" There was that nervousness again. He played with the tips of his fingers and had remained his head a bit down.

"Look into my eyes." I demanded. I seriously couldn't stand that dumb act of him anymore.

But unexpectedly he didn't do what I told him. Tch, stubborn, huh?

"It's an order!" I had raised my voice a bit, but luckily this message reached him and Eren finally raised his head. He did it hesitantly first, but when he met my eyes that showed a slight anger, he straightened his head in one move. I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know why you are like that, but you don't have to feel uneasy, brat."

He didn't respond to that and looked at me a bit scared instead.

"Is it... because I force you to do all those things? I know it's much what I order from you."

"I-It's okay, Heichou..." He scratched the back of his head with one hand and his head was facing the floor once again. I had to know what was with him.

"Is it because I yelled at you?! If that's it then I'm sorry for that." I made a step towards him and shrugged my shoulders.

"No, no! It's not that! I don't mind you shouting at me. I-I guess... I'm used to it already. But please don't take it wrong, Heichou." The boy stepped back and let out a little nervous laughter.