december 3rd.

December 3rd.

New iMessage From - St Jimmy:

Hey Rebel, fancy going for a walk or something?

iMessage to - St Jimmy:

Sure, pick me up from the record store x

~

As promised, Luke had taken Monet for a walk. The pair had been in the company of each other for three days now which, meant that they were three days into their deal. Luke was still unsure on how he felt about Monet, she was quirky and rather electric and he knew she was from a family full of eccentrics.

He didn't really know much about her and she didn't know much about him but, if she asked for his life story, he would tell her without a second thought. He would tell her everything.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Monet mumbled as she kicked the gravel beneath her feet, the ground scraping and slowly scratching the leather from her boots. Luke shrugged and looked up at the sky above him.

"You," Monet paused and looked at Luke, "Me?" The blonde boy nodded and looked down at the girl. "You, Rebel, Monet." Luke rubbed his hands over his face and sighed. "You've been on my mind since the first," Monet bit her lower lip and reached for one of Luke's hands.

"You just fell asleep with your legs across my lap and your head on my shoulder, I didn't know what to do with myself because it's not everyday you have a girl fall asleep on you," Luke breathed out as he attempted to catch his breath.

Monet intertwined her fingers with Luke and squeezed his hands gently, "Jimmy, it's only the third, we have twenty eight more days, please don't start falling." Luke looked down at their intertwined fingers and sighed, "I'm not falling, just sitting on the edge, waiting to fall."

~

The pair continued their walk until the sun was settled and the stars were displayed above them. Their fingers were still intertwined as they strolled, Luke had calmed down from his sudden outburst and was battling with himself in his mind.

"Rebel, do you like the Spice Girls?" The blonde blurted out, mentally slapping himself as soon as the words left his mouth. Monet giggled and nudged Luke's hip with her own. "I can't lie to you, they're my favourite girl
group." She laughed shyly, using her free hand to attempt to tuck lose strands of hair behind her ear.

Luke attempted to hide his smile as he watched Monet, he gently pushed her hand down and tucked the lose strands away. His large hand gently held her cheek in his palm, the warm skin of her cheek burning against the cold skin of his hand.

Monet's brown eyes closed slowly as she relaxed into Luke's gentle touch; her free hand lifted to rest on top of Luke's, their fingers slightly intertwined as Luke left gentle kisses on Monet's forehead. "Can we go home?" He mumbled. Monet shivered slightly and nodded, leaning forward to press a small kiss against Luke's clothed chest before pulling away.

Luke squeezed Monet's hand as they slowly walked back to Luke's car which sat in the parking lot of the dingy record store.

"Do you like blink-182?" Monet asked, her teeth chattering as the cold air seeped into her clothes. Luke nodded and smiled, "They're my second favourite band." Monet grinned and squeezed Luke's hand lightly, "Bet you didn't know that  'Stay Together For The Kids' was written about Oreos falling apart!"