Chapter 3: Percy Has An Arguement With His Own Reflection, Which Fights Back

ANNABETH

Annabeth was ready to punch Leo in the face.

Just one trip! Was that too much to ask for?! One normal non-demigod trip with no stupid prophecies or quests or monster attacks or Egyptians or Norse demigod cousins or anything! One freaking trip!

Then she sighed. It really wasn't Leo's fault. Nope, it wasn't his fault that he just had to go and find some apparently huge thing that she and Percy had to check out right away, and no it couldn't wait until after their trip...

Scratch that. It was completely his fault.

Annabeth glanced at Percy, who was looking up at the street signs, trying to find the address that Leo gave them. She forgot the exact details, Leo has been talking way to fast, and she had been half asleep at that point anyway. She had crashed in bed later that night; she hardly even remembered getting into her pajamas. Now if Leo didn't have an actually good reason for all this-

Annabeth cut herself off. There had to be a logical explanation to all of this. Leo was probably just pulling another stupid prank and when she and Percy finally got there he would have some type of ginormous surprise party or something. He wouldn't interrupt something this important for nothing.

Speaking of getting there...

"Where are we Percy?" She asked, elbowing him.

"Of course I know where we are. Why are you asking?" He grumbled, looking up at the street sign. "Stupid dyslexia."

"Oh great. Now we're completely lost on top of everything else. What's next, a monster attack?" Annabeth grumbled, and when Percy opened his mouth she cut him off.

"Don't answer that. Wait, what does that sign say?" She asked, tripping over the curb when she looked up at the sign. "Di immortales!"

"Hey, that's my name! Percy! We're on Percy street!" Percy exclaimed, and Annabeth had to laugh at the delighted expression on his face.

"That is awesome! Maybe we'll find an Annabeth street next!" He continued, and Annabeth grinned.

"Doubt that, autocorrect still doesn't recognize my name. I think we should be getting close though. Isn't that smoke in the distance? Probably Leo." She said, smiling slightly.

Percy grinned, and started walking down the street towards the smoke, and Annabeth caught his hand and walked alongside him. She tried to enjoy just walking through London with Percy, admiring the architecture and scattering the pigeons on the sidewalk.

"So what do you think Leo found?" Percy said, and Annabeth glanced sideways at him.

"I don't know. Maybe he's just arranging a surprise or something?" She said, glancing towards the pillar of smoke.

"No, I know Leo. He was honestly surprised or scared about something." Percy said, looking up at the sky. "Besides, Leo knows how much work this trip was, he helped me arrange it. He wouldn't interrupt it unless there was an actual emergency."

That's one of the things Annabeth loved most about Percy. He always tried to find the best in people, and he brought out the best in everyone around him.

"I guess so." Annabeth said. "But we have determined Leo can lie, remember?"

"Gods, don't remind me." Percy groaned. "That kid is the best actor ever to walk the earth, I swear."

Annabeth sighed, remembering the horrible crushing feeling that had come with losing Leo. She really hadn't realized how important he was to the Argo II, with his sense of humor and his constantly bright outlook.