What Happened?

You squeeze your eyes tightly shut, not that they were open in the first place. You don't want to get up, but you can feel the light trying to pierce through your eyelids. You try and take in the warmth of your familiar covers and soft pillow, only to find that they are much softer and warmer than they usually are. You reluctantly open your eyes, staring in front of you at a bedside table made of dark wood, unlike the birch one beside the bed of your dorm room. Wait, where am I?

You sit up, squinting as your eyes adjust to the brightness in the room. There aren't any windows, but the synthesized light is just as luminous as the sun. Well, of course it would be. This can only be the product of magic. You glance toward the one and only door of the room, which is a bronze-ish color. You stand up, surprised to find blue sandals right where your feet land to the left of your bed.

"This is strange..." You say aloud, barely above a whisper. It's not like anyone could hear you, the only things in the room beside yourself are a bed, table, and the bronze door. You look down at your outfit, noting the black robes paired with a blue and bronze tie, the color similar to the door. Your tie is very loose, and your robes are slightly askew. Geez, what happened?

You take a step forward toward the door, fixing yourself up. If only you could see how messed up your hair is. You hear a slight clunk and turn your head quickly, immediately paranoid. But instead of a person there, a mirror has appeared on the wall. You check your hair, finding that it needs a good brushing, and with another clunk- a blue brush appears on your dark wooden table.

What time is it? Another small noise and you twirl to the left, where a large clock is on the wall. 10:00. Breakfast should be on right now. You run up to the door and carefully hold the door knob before cautiously opening it, hearing no noise.

You step out into a corridor, one you've passed through a thousand times while at Hogwarts. A small poof reaches your ears and you turn around swiftly to see that the door has disappeared. You walk to the Great Hall, barely noticing anything going on around you. The hallway is quiet, but you start to hear faint noise as your route gets nearer to the room where everyone eats their meals. When you enter, the Hall is as loud as ever, the people chatting happily because today is Saturday.

You find yourself gravitating toward the Ravenclaw table, where you usually sit everyday. That doesn't stop you from being friends with people from every house though. In fact, two of your best friends are from Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. Solara and Clea are speaking happily at the Ravenclaw seats you usually sit at. You take a seat next to Solara and they both look at you strangely.

"Hey, are you okay?" Clea asked, slightly concerned. You look confusedly back at them. Solara speaks next.

"Yeah. Especially after last night..." You open your mouth to say something and immediately close it. Should you tell them about waking up in that room? They look at you for a second before discussing whatever they were talking about before. What room was it anyway? The only room that is located in that hall and can create whatever you desire is the Room of Requirement. But how did you end up in there?

Probably sleepwalking, you suppose. It hasn't happened in a couple of years, but anything's possible; you've known that since you were first introduced to the concept of magic when you were 5.

You look to the Gryffindor table, where you see some of your friends from Dumbledore's Army. Technically, it was best if the lot of you from different houses didn't acknowledge each other often, but even before the secret club was formed, you were friends with Fred and George Weasley (you had a large crush on the latter, but you would never be brave enough to tell him) and Sierra. She was your BGF: Best Gryffindor Friend.

You find yourself staring into space, not really thinking about what you could possibly be looking at.

"Hey (Y/N), I think you should quit your staring. Someone might think you have a crush on him or something." Solara joked. She was one of the few people who knew about your crush on George. You snapped out of it. You blushed brightly when you realized you were looking right at your favorite Weasley twin. Just at the last moment he looked back and turned away again. He knew I was looking. You start to have a mini panic attack, a really small one. What if he thought you liked him?

You turn to your plate and eat some of your favorite breakfast foods. No matter what your mother thinks of her cooking, Hogwarts will always be your favorite place to have breakfast.

"(Y/N)!" Clea says in a sing-song voice. She twirls a finger around her blonde hair, staring at you. "Why don't you go and talk to him? You seem to get along well enough together." Easy for her to say. She's the most outgoing person you know. She'll ask a Slytherin for help with homework if you dare her to.

"Yeah, you totally should." Solara adds. She has blonde hair too, but hers is longer and straight. She'd probably talk to a Slytherin too. Neither of them really care what anyone thinks about them. You stay silent, looking at your food, as still as a statue.

"Fine. We will then." Clea stands up but you reach around and grab her wrist. You give her the "please-don't" look and she sighs. "I'm just going to talk to Sierra." She says, wrenching her wrist free and walking away. Solara turns to you.

"So, how did last night go?" She asks, raising her eyebrows and smirking.

"What do you mean, what happened last nigh-? Oh my Merlin. Clea!" To stand up and begin jogging over to the Gryffindor table, where Clea is talking to Sierra, Fred, and George. You slide into the seat next to Sierra and catch the last bit of their conversation.

"Yeah, I'm so upset about Umbridge. She's such a bi-" You cut Clea off and feel Solara sit next to you. It might be abnormal for Ravenclaws to sit with Gryffindors, but you three have been doing it ever since you first came to Hogwarts.

"Hey guys!" You say cheerfully, hiding the fact that you're completely uncomfortable and slightly confused. George is the first to respond.

"Aye, (Y/N/N)." Fred hides a snicker, but you notice it right away. You decide to ignore it, deciding that it's probably nothing. George turns his head to look at his brother, obviously not understanding either. That's strange. They always know what the other is thinking.

Sierra looks at you, "Last night was so much fun, wasn't it?" She asks, a glint of mischief in her dark brown eyes. Okay, something is going on here.

Clea and Solara nodded along, grinning. Those three were planning something, and it couldn't be good. But what? The bell rings, and you notice that people are clearing out. Your BHF, (Best Hufflepuff Friend) Cher approaches and sits with you six, now adding another member to the group. When the rest of the Gryffindor table clears, Fred, George, Sierra, and Clea move on one side of the table while you sit with Cher and Solara.

"You know, I kind of have some homework I have to do." Solara says, glancing at Umbridge who is watching your group like a hawk. The rest of you nod.

"Me too". "Same". "I hate homework on the weekends". Clea, Sierra, and Cher stand up. They quickly run out, leaving you with the twins. That's weird. You don't remember being assigned anything over the weekend. As you recap your classes in your head to think about what homework you could possibly have, one of them snaps you out of your thoughts.

"So, last night was fun, wasn't it?" Fred asks, more to you than George, who's gazing absently at the table. He seems lost, unlike what he usually is like, joking and happy. In fact, he looks just as confused as you are.

"Yeah, I guess. From what I've heard." You say. How come everyone knows what happened except you? This is so unfair!

"Oh, you don't remember?" He questions teasingly. Typical.

"Fred Weasley, are you pulling a prank on me?" He looked at you a second before saying no, looking and sounding very serious.

"You're such a liar." You say.

"George, am I pulling a prank on (Y/N)?" Fred asks his twin casually. George, now with his head on the table tiredly, responds quietly:

"I don't think so." Fred nods in agreement.

"There you have it." He says, crossing his arms and smiling smugly. You wish you could wipe that grin off his face, maybe with a vanishing spell. Or would you use a silencio spell? Anyway, back on topic.

"Er- you two are practically trained to agree with one another, so no, I don't." You sigh, growing exasperated. Fred raises his eyebrow.

"Are you implying that we're dogs?" He asks jokingly, running a hand through his hair. At this point, you know that George would jump in, probably answering on your behalf mockingly. However, he is still lying on the table, and you're half sure that he's fallen asleep.

"Maybe if you were girls, yes." Despite his argumentative state, Fred laughs.

"Wow, (Y/N), that was a good one." He stands up and George did the same after a few seconds of delay, still staring emptily at the same spot he had been gazing at for the last couple minutes. "Well, we gotta go, see you later."

"Wait! Seri-"

"We'll talk to you later!" And with that, two of your favorite Gryffindors walk out the door, cutting through a group of Hufflepuffs who looked at them confusedly for a quick second before chatting again. Well, Fred effing Weasley is no help at all.

* * * * *

You sit in the Ravenclaw common room, leaning against the armrest of a chair. You look suspiciously at Clea and Solara, who are standing in the corner of the room and speaking in hushed voices, looking back at you now and then. Clea is doing the signature hair twirl while Solara has her arms crossed loosely.

Just a few minutes ago you had stepped through the common room door, seeing your friends discussing something very excitedly at the chair where you sit now. You had wondered aloud simply how their homework had gone and they looked back in confusion.

"We weren't assigned any homework," Clea responded, looking clueless until after what Solara said next.

"Yeah, it turns out we didn't have any, we just thought we did." Then you went upstairs to retrieve a book to read, and upon returning back down the dorm's stairs, the duo was standing in the corner, showing their privacy was needed. You pretended not to notice, and made yourself comfortable in the armchair. And that's where we are now.

Yes, those two are definitely up to something. Just when will you figure it out?

* * * * *

Lunch is hardly any different from breakfast in the beginning. The same six people are acting just as difficult as before: sending subtle winks and nudges to one another, smiling suspiciously at you, hinting to the event that had happened the night before.

Even stranger than the fact that everyone knows what is happening except you, is the fact that George isn't joining in on the teasing. He isn't his usual self. Instead of joking along like his twin, he stares blankly at one spot or rests his head on a table, closing his eyes. He's so tired.

Actually, the weirdest thing of all is that Fred doesn't seem to notice or care. In fact, even as you realize it, your simple grudge against him grows slightly a bit more. You can't believe that Fred isn't doing anything to cheer him up. Fred's just being so ignorant; what's his problem?! And with that, you are already much more annoyed than you were before.

"The best part was when (Y/N) decided to- well, you guys know what happened." Sierra let out a laugh, almost sounding fake. You stand up suddenly, crossing your arms. You imagine that your face is serious, but you feel right on hysterical.

"Okay, you guys can either tell me what's going on or you can leave me alone." You turn on your heel, feeling on the verge of tears because of your being in the center of unwanted attention, among your friends. You begin walking speedily away,

You hear one voice break through the sudden silence and spot out of the corner of your eye that Cher is walking next to you, putting her arm around your shoulder. Cher is the nicest and most sympathetic out of your friends, not to say that the others aren't cool too. If anyone, Cher can prove the stereotype that all Hufflepuffs are loyal.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)." You don't respond. She was joining in the teasing earlier. Her purple hair falls over your shoulder, along with her arm, and you brush it off. Normally, you would love to have the opportunity to play with her hair, but you're not in the mood. She dyed it quite a while ago, back in fifth year. It was some type of muggle method, but it looked just as amazing.

"(Y/N/N)..." She sighs, "I'll tell you what's going on, but only if you forgive me." You plan on being stubborn, but your own mouth ruins it for you. Plus, you are extremely curious.

"I forgive you!" You stop, already with her in the middle of the hallway. You sounded much too eager than you wanted to, and you heat up a bit. You see her look around, shushing you before pulling you into the nearest empty classroom. You don't see why she needs to take this extra precaution. Wait, did something illegal happen last night?

"Okay, so it all started at Fred and George's DA party last night..." She whispered. Cher gives you a second to ponder, but you've already figured it out. You don't know how you didn't think of it before. It's like you couldn't possibly know that you were there. But the moment she mentioned it, you figured it out.

"I remember."