Chapter 10

LUCY POV

We were all sat in a circle in the middle of the dressing room after the concert, six out of the 8 boys,  had their shirts off, and sweating. I wasn't drooling.

At least I was trying not to. 

I mean, honestly, if you had One Direction and half of 5 Seconds of Summer (Michael and Ashton, by the way), shirtless, would you, or would you be drooling? 

Someone had gotten alcohol from somewhere, Maddy and I taking first dibs at it, since it would be the first time we drank since moving.

"What a bunch of hogs, damn." Someone commented. I shrugged and took another huge gulp at it  handing it to whoever was next to me.

"Hey, if we're all getting drunk and spilling secrets, can I just say Lucy, I was a dick to you and I'm sorry. " Calum said to me. I touched a hand to my heart, as if I was deeply touched and thanked him.

"Yeah, me too, I feel bad now." Luke added. I smiled. We could all be friends. Except for the fact that I refused to talk to Maddy and Ashton about the incidents between them. 

"What'd they do to you?" Louis asked. 

"Well, for one, ever since year 8, a-k-a, the year I developed boobs, they've been calling me slut for no reason. But I didn't really care. They were wrong so why get upset over it?" I said.

"That's a good thing to live by. I like that." Liam added, pointing at me. I nodded and took another swig out of the bottle.

"Too bad it's true." Someone commented. 

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I snapped. I was so done with everyone's bullshit at this point in time that I was bound and determined to kick some ass if needed. 

"I said, too bad it's true." It came from Ashton, who was about twice as drunk as Maddy and I now, and I really wasn't into his attitude. 

"Too bad you're an asshole and I'm not going to put up with your shit so I'm leaving."

"Aw, way to go Ash, we were just getting started!" Someone groaned, I didn't care. I grabbed my keys and Maddy trekked behind me, neither of us knowing how to get out. 

" Hey, uh, dude- security!" Maddy tried to get someone's attention, but it wasn't working. 

"Forget it, let's just find a door to outside, I don't care if we have to walk all the way around the building, I want to get out of here." 

***********************************************

"Why is it so hard to find a job? Literally almost everyone is hiring, Lucy." 

"Manual labor is not in my social skills though." I whined. Jobs were not my favorite thing. The closest thing to a job that I ever had, was me doing chores for my grandmother and her paying me.

"Work at a bookstore then! You love books." She flopped back onto the couch, 

"Not textbooks." 

"I'm about to slap you. I'll fill out an application for you, God." She groaned, but I knew she didn't mind. Whatever could keep her busy, like babysitting me (because lets face it I am basically a child), she would do it.

"Thanks, love you Maddy." I said with a smile as I gave her a sideways hug. 

We had planned for a movie marathon, mostly horror movies, because we never spent much time together and movies were cool so why not? But for now, it was mostly studying and homework until then.

"Hey, do you have psych with professor Yvette?" Maddy asked.

"No I have Taylor. Why?" I asked. 

" I'm stuck on this question."

" I can sense that coming from you, lots of confusion." I joked.

" Oh, shut up, that wasn't even funny." She said, she was smiling though.

"You say that, but your vibe says otherwise." I said in more of a professional tone. She laughed. 

"Seriously stop. It's not that funny." She began to put her papers away, still laughing a little bit. 

"Movie time?" I asked, I hoped because that meant pizza and pizza meant cute delivery boy who was also in my English class and that is what I'd like to see right now.

A man in uniform.

"Movie time." She yelled from her bedroom. I grabbed the collection of our movies, it was massive might I tell you, and began to sort through what was good and what was bad.

I ended up with The Exorcist, Children of the Corn, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Saw, Saw III, and Saw V. Saws II, IV and VI sucked, just saying.

I put in Saw first, while Maddy was making popcorn and ordering pizza. 

"Make sure you get one with ham, pepperoni and extra cheese please." Maddy usually got supreme, and I got my own, both larges. 

"Did you really have to put in Saw first? Its not even scary, just gory." She complained. She hated the Saw movies.

"I agree, but I'm not up for jumpscares at the moment." I commented.

About halfway through, the doorbell rang, scaring the shit out of both of us. 

"Is it Zach, I don't care to get the pizza if it's not Zach." 

"Yeah, I think so."

" Ooh, girl, get the fuck out my way." I jumped over the back of the couch and shoved Maddy out of the way, grabbing my wallet that was on the table by the door.

" Hi," I said opening the door. And thank Jesus, he was standing there in all his beauty.

"Hey, you alright? You're out of breath." He noted. I nodded.

"We were watching a scary movie and you rang the doorbell and it scared us." I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down. 

"Well watch yourself, wouldn't want a pretty girl like you getting hurt." He winked and I about fell over. 

"Ohp, it's too late now. I'm so clumsy, sorry."

"It's alright. Oh," He noticed he was still holding the pizza and I quickly took it from him.

"It's $32.48" He said and I handed him the cash. 

"Thank you." I shut the door and mentally slapped myself eight times.

" Have I always been that stupid, Maddy?" 

"Uh, now that I think about it... yes."

" Shut up and eat your pizza." I shoved her box in her hand and sat down, opening my own. 

After we finished Children of the Corn, all that was left was Saw V and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. We were both feeling pretty drowsy by then and agreed to go to bed. 

Maddy also had classes the next morning and I decided I would do something productive. 

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

here is yet another crappy chapter

drama between ash and maddy oooooh

anyways, 11 should be pretty good.

I hope so.

be excited 

love you guys 

xoxo

christina