14. Not so easily forgiven

Stiles POV:
"Stiles."
"Mhm."
"Stiles..."
"Yeah that's fine baby."
"Oh jeez. STILES."
My eyes snap open and I immediately sit up, glancing in the direction of my waker. I rub my eyes.

"Mornin Dad." I say through a yawn.
"Can I speak to you, in the hallway?" His voice is harsh and I slip out of the covers, walking behind him into the hall. I glance back at my room and my eyes go wide when I notice a mop of strawberry blonde on my bed before my dad closes the door. This was not going to be good.

"Why is Lydia Martin in your bed?" He whispers as I run a hand through my hair.
"Her parents have been divorced for 7 months and they just now told her yesterday. She needed somewhere to stay the night."
"And I would gladly let her stay the night because that is a lot to take in but as you know, we have a fully functional guest bedroom."

I wince, knowing my next excuse wouldn't be good enough. "She couldn't sleep?"
Dad throws his hands up in the air, turning away for a moment before facing me again.
"I want you to answer this question with complete honesty, as much as I don't want to hear it." He closes his eyes, rubbing his temples and I knew what was coming next. "Are you having... Sex?" He asks and I wince. How do I answer this...

"W-well... Not with her?" I point towards my door, referring to Lydia. Dad sighs.
"We aren't even dating... Lydia and I." I change the subject.
"But you want to be?" He asks.
I shrug."yes... No... I don't really know. I think I like her but I'm not really sure... I've never liked anyone like her before. It's confusing."

My dad smiles slightly and pats me on the back. "I'm going to go to work." I throw him a thumbs up and watch him descend the stairs. After hearing the front door close I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. That was probably the most awkward moment of my life...

"Stiles?" I turn away from the stairs and towards my bedroom door, trying my hardest not to let my jaw drop. Lydia was leaning against the slightly open door, all of her hair tossed to one side of her head. She was still dressed in my Kiss
t-shirt,the hem stopping barely below her ass, showing off her thin legs. I swallow dryly.

"Morning." I grin and she wipes a hand over her eyes.
"What time is it?" Her voice is groggy and I can tell she's just woken up.
"Around seven... Want some breakfast?" I ask. She nods and we both make our way down stairs.
I sigh, opening up the fridge and searching it's contents while she sits in one of the bar stools at the kitchen island.

"Do have orange juice?" She asks.
"Yeah, sunny-D okay?"
"Sunny-D is the best." I chuckle and pour her a glass.
"So why are you up at seven?" She asks, taking a swig of her juice.
"Oh ya know... My dad was just asking if we had sex." I shrug and she starts choking on her drink.
"He what?" Her voice is raspy. I grab a box of pancake mix from the pantry, shrugging again as if it was a regular everyday question.

"You can't blame him! He walks in my room and there's a girl in my bed, I think it's an appropriate question."
"Well what did you tell him?"
I grab a bowl and mixing spoon, staring at her in disbelief.
"What did I tell him?" She nods. "We didn't even-" I turn my attention back to making pancakes, not bothering to finish my sentence.

What'd she think I told him? Hey dad! I'm having hot sex in my room late at night when I can sneak her in?
"You're not forgiven, by the way." She says, taking another sip from her juice.
"Forgiven?" I ask.
"Yeah. You know when you reminded me of the summer by ignoring me for the past week. A-not-okay. I don't care if you take me home or if to call Allison... I'm going after you make me an apology breakfast and never talk to me again."

I scoff and stop making pancakes. "Go home? Go home?! Back to your parents who hid their divorce from you for almost a year? I don't think so! I don't care if you stay here or if you stay with Allison, you're not going home."
Lydia stands from the chair. "Thanks for the advice mother." She snaps and I purse my lips to keep from screaming at her. "Before I fell asleep last night... I could've sworn I heard you say you liked me. But then I reminded myself that I've had that dream before." She says almost silently.