Chapter 1

Brooke's: POV

I fell hard. the concrete hit me so quick. the fluttery feeling of flying was soon gone as the impact of the gravel road took its course. the sound of the screeching car became quieter and quieter as it disappeared into the smoke of the loose dirt. I knew my step mom didn't like me, it wasn't even a dislike it was a loath. eversince my father left she realized she no longer needed to pretend she didn't have a death wish for me. it hurt. not being flown out of a car or the blood running down my cheek, but the feeling of knowing the only person that cared about you was gone. I sat up and brushed my brown hair out of my face dotted with dirt. My face stung and my left leg and the palms of my hands burned with the scratches still fresh with blood. I walked down to the far end of the deserted parking lot and sat on the parking brick. Why try when there's nothing left to try for. I rested my head on my hand for what felt like nothing at all but when I looked up noon had conceded to evening and the sun was about to begin ascending to the other side of the earth. for once in my life I relaxed and my muscles relaxed and everything was slightly less horrible.

(First chapter^^^^)