Three

126 Dream Street, Nicholls, Canberra, ACT.

Come find me:)

I keep reading the letter over and over. I can't believe that all this time, Calum has been so close. All the hours of grieving, all the stress from his family, all the worry from his friends. And he was only 4 hours away.

(A/N: For those of you who don't know, Canberra is the capital of Australia, about 4 hours away from Sydney.)

Come find me? What does he mean by come find me? If he wanted to be found, he should've just come home. But Cal's always been strange like that. He wants to make things fun. Always wants to find a new adventure.

I've been without him for too long. I need him back. I need him to be here again. And the only way that's going to happen is if I go find him.

It takes me less than 10 minutes to get a bag with a few changes of clothes and the money from my savings jar. I grab a bottle of water and my house keys before sprinting down the street.

It takes me 13 minutes to get to Ashton's house and it takes him another 2 and a half minutes to answer the door. Shock is written across his face when he sees me.

"Lex?" He asks.

I nod and he grabs me pulling me into a hug.

"It's been a year since I've seen you. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. But I need you to help me" I reassure him.

"Anything Lex. Anything!"

I silently hand over the note and watch him read it, his eyes widening.

"Is this from Calum?" He asks, excitement in his voice. He glances at my face and then breaks into a huge smile "come on! We've got to go! We can find him! Just let me grab some supplies!"

He disappears into the house and I pull out my phone sending a quick text.

To Lukey: Opened the letter

Just as the text sends, Ashton appears back in the doorway, a bag slung over his shoulder.

"Let's go!" He yells, running to his car and jumping in. I follow him, climbing into the passenger side slowly. Before I can even get my seatbelt on, he's reversing out of the driveway and speeding off.

***********

I've always hated car trips. But the four hour trip to Canberra was the worst I think I ever had to endure. The whole time all I could think about was Calum. If he was okay, if he was hurt. What if I stayed away too long and he didn't to see me anymore? What if he had a new girlfriend?

We had to stop twice along the way. Once so we could refill the petrol tank and once because I felt sick and spent twenty minutes throwing up into a public toilet. The anxiety of maybe seing Calum again was killing me. I wanted to know if he was okay. I needed him.

When we reached the border from New South Wales into the Australian Capital Territory, I started to freak out. I had a mini panic attack and that triggered my asthma. I endured a small coughing session before Ashton pulled over and forced my puffer into my mouth.

He sat there and rubbed my back, assuring me over and over again that it would be okay. He wanted to see Calum just as much as I did. Him and Mikey and Ash were always inseparable. I guess he wanted his best friend back.

When we pull onto the street where Calum said he was, I felt like my heart was going to explode. Butterflies fill my chest and all of a sudden, I'm struggling to breathe. But it's okay. It's all okay. I'm going to have Calum back.

We pull up to the house where Calum said he would be. I walk to the door on shaky legs.  It takes me a few moments to find the courage to knock, but eventually I do.

I wait and wait but eventually, I can hear footsteps and I look up.

"Cal!" I yell as the door opens only to come face to face with a tall, skinny, drop dead gorgeous blonde.

"You're not cal" I mutter, turning away "sorry."

All the hope I had disappeared in that moment. I was so excited to finally have Calum back. But he's gone.

"Wait!" The blonde calls out as I turn back "it's Alexia isn't it?

I look at the blonde with confusion. How did she know my name?

"You're just as beautiful as Calum told me. You took a bit longer than we expected, but That's alright. Follow me!" She beckons me inside and I shoot Ashton a look before following.

The blonde girl disappears for a minute or two as we stand in her hallway, looking around. Still not sure what's going on.

She reappears with a huge smile on her face and a few bit of paper in her hand.

"So first. It's such an honour to meet you!" She exclaims. "I'm Lucy. Calum told me so much about you!"

"Are you and Calum together?" I blurt, not thinking.

Lucy starts to laugh.

"Hun, I'm not into guys!" She giggles "I'm an old friend."

She pushes a piece of paper over to me.

"Do NOT lose this piece of paper!" She exclaims "if you want to find Calum, then you'll need this."

I nod and look at the piece of paper. Lucy's name is scrawled along the top. I fold it carefully and put it in my pocket and look up just as Lucy slides another piece of paper across the table. But this time, it's an envelope. Just like the one Calum left when he disappeared, my name neatly printed along the top in Calum's familiar handwriting.

I open the envelope with shaking hands and I feel like crying when I see what's written on the piece of paper.

390 Peel Street, Tamworth, NSW, 2340.
Ask for bear.

You gotta keep looking Lexi. Did you really think it would be that easy? x