Chapter Twenty-Three

(Picture is the kitten)

Word Count: 2119

Chapter Twenty-Three

As Dan and Phil get inside, Phil asks, "What is this?" motioning to Dan's shirt.

"A shirt?"

"It's not very festive," Phil comments, slipping his now-wet shoes off by the door.

"Phil, I don't own festive wear. This has to do."

"No it doesn't," Phil disagrees. "I have something for you." He grabs Dan's hand and drags him up the stairs and into his room, along with the kitten.

Phil walks over to his closet and begins to look through the clothes.

"Phil, what are we doing?" Dan asks, watching the kitten roam around the room.

With a smile on his face, Phil turns around holding a green sweater in his hand. "You're wearing this."

Dan raises his eyebrow at Phil. "Am I now?"

"Yep!" Phil extends the hand with the sweater in it to Dan. "Come on, put it on," he encourages.

"Isn't this good enough?" Dan asks, talking about his plain, white shirt.

"No. We will both wear festive sweaters. Now, put it on before I do it for you."

"You know, I wouldn't object to that."

"I know," Phil replies getting within inches of Dan. "So which is it?"

As if already got knowing the answer, Phil drops the green sweater and moves his hands to the hem of Dan's shirt. Dan watches Phil, his eyes moving to Phil's lips most of the time.

Phil slips his hands inside Dan's shirt, brushing the skin of Dan's abdomen in a teasing manner. Phil, who was staring at Dan's shirt the whole time, finally makes eye contact with Dan. Phil has an obvious playful look in his eyes.

Dan moves his own hands to Phil's waist and pulls Phil towards himself, closing the three inch gap that was between them. Dan presses his lips to Phil's, wanting to keep them there for forever.

Phil's hands stop momentarily before starting to actually pull off Dan's shirt. Phil breaks the kiss so that he can fully pull off Dan's shirt; he starts to reach for the sweater on the floor, but Dan stops him. Dan kisses Phil again, and Phil can't help but kiss back. Momentarily he forgets that they should be getting back downstairs to their parents.

Phil wraps his hands around Dan's neck, wanting to run them through Dan's hair, but not wanting to actually mess up Dan's hair. Phil breaks their kiss though, moving the two of them into more of a hugging position.

"We need to get downstairs," Phil whispers in Dan's ear.

Dan's arms hold Phil in place, wishing to keep him here forever. "Need? They probably aren't missing us..."

Phil blows on Dan's neck, forcing him to loosen his grip. Phil, now able to move, grabs the sweater off the ground. Before Dan even has time to object, Phil yanks the sweater over his head.

"Come on now. Put your arms in the sleeves," Phil coaxes, prepared to do it for him if he resists.

However, Dan listens and slips his arms in the sleeves. He lets Phil pull the sweater down to cover the skin of his torso. Dan looks down at the sweater to see the design on it.

The words He's Mine are printed across it with a snowman in a red scarf in between the words. An arrow points to the right.

Even though he knows the answer, he humors Phil. "And who would he be?"